PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone/new member/old busser,looking for info on operating 98 vantare h

redprevost
09-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Great information,and what a great group,helping others with the trials of buses.I am needing info on the operation as to the vantare shore/gen set/inverters work/there is a large rocker switch in a side closet that says gen or shore/does it have to be manually switched back each time a change is made/I understand from reading on the forum everything goes thru the inverters/is there a switch to bypass them and go straight to gen or shore if they give problems/my gen set will not start from inside,and the light stays green when pushed/one last thing,does anyone know where to find the gold cabinet push latches,I have several in need of changing in this 98,new to me coach/

Jon Wehrenberg
09-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Red,

I'm not a Vantare guy so I cannot answer your questions but I have two suggestions. First, include your signature line with your coach type and model year. That helps others zero in on your specific configuration and improves the answers. Second, if at all possible come to the Austin rally. There is no better place on earth to learn about your coach than at a gathering of owners and experts.

truk4u
09-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Welcome aboard Red, hopefully someone with a Vantare will jump in here and help with your questions. If not, we'll just make something up.:p

wayne
09-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi Red....
Check out this post.....
http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?4308-Drawer-(and-cabinet)-hardware&highlight=Vantare+latches

michaeldterry
09-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Great information,and what a great group,helping others with the trials of buses.I am needing info on the operation as to the vantare shore/gen set/inverters work/there is a large rocker switch in a side closet that says gen or shore/does it have to be manually switched back each time a change is made/I understand from reading on the forum everything goes thru the inverters/is there a switch to bypass them and go straight to gen or shore if they give problems/my gen set will not start from inside,and the light stays green when pushed/one last thing,does anyone know where to find the gold cabinet push latches,I have several in need of changing in this 98,new to me coach/

Red - welcome to POG! It's great to have another Vantare owner in the group! On our '96 Vantare XLV, there are two large black rocker switches (one for each inverter) in the inverter bay that we have to switch each time we change from shore power to generator power. I'm jealous that yours are inside because mine are a little hard to get to in the bay! :p Do you have just one switch? If I'm wrong, perhaps Ben Cummings will chime in and correct me. Ben is a Vantare expert who is now with Coach Worx. Ben would be the guy to ask about your other issues, too!

Seabyrd
09-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Welcome to POG... I just sent you a private message... we have the same coach I believe.

lbriant
09-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Welcome red I am new here also and a Vantare Owner Woot Woot !!
I cant answer your inverter question my is Auto in the 2000yr , twin 4000 watt I belive, they are pretty interesting the more I learn,
I can even set the shore line amp draw, Any way I found out after several doors and drawers were opening on the road the latches with the hook come in different lb I think 5 10 and 20 I bought all 20,
My big glass doors and large closets even the batroom door uses them I replaced them all and everything is solid now, And my little wife gets a workout just trying to get them open :)