Ok, here is the game plan for the traditional shooting sports at POG X:

Capitol City Trap and Skeet Club
50 Bird Sporting Clay Event
Wed, Oct 5th, 10 AM Start
BBQ Lunch at 12:30 PM
Awards
Cost $55 shooting + $11 Lunch. $66 Total
Website www.capitolclays.com

I have been to a couple of shoots out there and they do a great job. We have the club reserved so I need to get a head count. Please indicate below your commitment to participating in the shoot.

As many know, this has been one of the extra-curricular highlights of the last few rallies. We had great fun last fall in Bandera, so sign up and we'll do it again!

garyde
09-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I will be attending. Looking forward to it.

Sawbonz
09-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Can I be a maybe?

Also, does this include a gun and/or shells? I have a 20 gauge, but not only do I not want to transport across too many states, it kicks like a mule.

GDeen
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Karl,

You may buy shells at Capitol City. They do not rent guns.

Bring it along - if you get stopped, just tell them you are headed to TX and they will understand.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Please add Ed to list for shooting.
Sandy

GDeen
09-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Ok fellas, I got 3 signed up thus far (including me). Let's set a date of Friday, September 23 as a deadline. If I don't have enough as of that date, we will cancel so get your name on here if you are interested.

Thanks.

charlesebrownjr
09-13-2011, 09:13 PM
I would like to have done both the sporting clays event and the Segway tour of DT Austin but booth events are scheduled the same day. I'll hurry and make up my mind. Gordon, thanks for all the hard work you and the others have put into this rally. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Oct.

Ledo
09-15-2011, 07:16 AM
The pricing is not right here. I have shot several times and the charges are 25.00 per 50 and 50.00 per 100 for nonmembers.
Also I would like to sign up.

GDeen
09-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Doug,

The price is in fact correct. Even though any of us can go shoot for the price range you mention, they have a significant upcharge for a "corporate outing." Their stated logic is that they are closing the range, have more employee requirements, more targets, more cleanup, etc. Their range, their rules and rates.

It looks like it will be a moot point though as our numbers don't appear to be near sufficient to warrant the event. Will make the final call shortly, but folks may shift to the Segway or other activities if we drop the event.

garyde
09-15-2011, 11:11 PM
I am confused at the lack of interest in the Sport clay event as it has been very popular at previous POG rallys. I'm wondering if people are not checking the POG site regarding event sign ups or they would prefer to wait until they arrive at the event.
Hopefully , we an get 16 or so sign ups.

GDeen
09-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I agree with you Gary...

Unfortunately, I have to make a call before our money goes hard on the event, and we don't have near the numbers necessary. Therefore, the Sporting Clays event is cancelled. Feel free to sign up for the Segway tour.

Ledo
09-23-2011, 07:00 AM
I say we can still plan on a clay shooting day. There is no need to reserve the course. Maybe if we had 50 or 75 shooters but not 10 or 15. They have carts that can be rented also if needed. Usually one or two carts act as mules while shooters walk with their open guns. I will be bringing 2 12 Gauge shotguns and can bring 4 if we have the interest for those who do not own a gun. You do not have to be an experienced shooter either to be able to participate, just able to see and move your index finger. I will also have plenty of shells. Depending on the shell each box cost me between 5 and 7 bucks each and contain 25. Sporting Clays needs to be shot in rounds of 100 at least to make the trip worth while. We can also schedule it so that the Segway event will not be missed either since several of us would like to attend it also. As long as the club does not have an event reserved we can just show up and shoot. Their hours are 9-7 Wed - Sun. www.capitolclays.com

Sid Tuls
09-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Doug, just looking at your profile picture,can you pull your chevy&trailer at the same time?? I've seen fifth wheels do it but never yet a bus--until now. Just curious.

Sawbonz
09-23-2011, 01:05 PM
I say we can still plan on a clay shooting day. There is no need to reserve the course. Maybe if we had 50 or 75 shooters but not 10 or 15. They have carts that can be rented also if needed. Usually one or two carts act as mules while shooters walk with their open guns. I will be bringing 2 12 Gauge shotguns and can bring 4 if we have the interest for those who do not own a gun. You do not have to be an experienced shooter either to be able to participate, just able to see and move your index finger. I will also have plenty of shells. Depending on the shell each box cost me between 5 and 7 bucks each and contain 25. Sporting Clays needs to be shot in rounds of 100 at least to make the trip worth while. We can also schedule it so that the Segway event will not be missed either since several of us would like to attend it also. As long as the club does not have an event reserved we can just show up and shoot. Their hours are 9-7 Wed - Sun. www.capitolclays.com

That's a mighty nice offer, Doug!

garyde
09-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Sounds good to me! I'm sure there are a dozen or so who would like to shoot.

Ledo
09-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Doug, just looking at your profile picture,can you pull your chevy&trailer at the same time?? I've seen fifth wheels do it but never yet a bus--until now. Just curious.

I am pulling the entire rig. Corners are tricky but so far Highway Patrols have just passed me. I have a extended trailer wire and bypass the pickup. At 71' you need to know your destination and just cruise at 62 mph in the right lane. So far no problems. Got the idea from Seabyrds! I will be pulling it into Austin possibly.

Seabyrd
09-25-2011, 06:07 PM
We do it all the time... see picture at signature... We have Prevost... Suburban, then golfcart on trailer...[Only legal in a few states though... we have never been pulled over!! You wouldn't know it was back there either it pulls very well.

QUOTE=Sid Tuls;78085]Doug, just looking at your profile picture,can you pull your chevy&trailer at the same time?? I've seen fifth wheels do it but never yet a bus--until now. Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Sid Tuls
09-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Did you have to get a special driving permit to pull them? Boy you don't want to try that here in California. A buddy of mine has a 47 foot Newell and was pulling his suburban got a ticket & made him unhook. Ticket was $398.00 and the hassel !!!!!

Seabyrd
09-25-2011, 09:27 PM
In Texas we are actually over length but have been lucky so far.. we're close to 80' !!

Go to this link and see the state requirements.http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

Did you have to get a special driving permit to pull them? Boy you don't want to try that here in California. A buddy of mine has a 47 foot Newell and was pulling his suburban got a ticket & made him unhook. Ticket was $398.00 and the hassel !!!!!

Sawbonz
09-26-2011, 12:59 PM
And I worry about being at 65' ! Looks like only a few states have a problem with 60', and the others I am close enough.

Has anyone ever been pulled over and hassled for being that close?