PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Marathon slides

Wilbur
08-30-2011, 02:13 PM
This is my first post on this site and have been a member for several months. I am looking at a 2005 Marathon D/S. Does anyone know if this vintage slides are Provost, Valid or HWH.

Coloradobus
08-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Wilbur,.

Is this coach your looking at anywhere on the internet? Is it a XLII or H3-45? Do you know what the coach number is? Either case, being a 2005 Marathon so most likely a 2004 shell, it will have Prevost installed slides.

Wilbur
08-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Jim, thanks for the info. It is an H3-45-- not sure the coach no.

Sawbonz
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Well, Welcome Wilbur (the NEW www!).

I have no answer to your question as I am learning myself, but I do know that a signature line will help the crew here, especially once you have found your bus.

BoaterAl
09-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Wilbur
I have a 2005 Marathon XLII 2 slide. My slides are Prevost, with pins and as told 3 generation style. I have had pin noise (1) and have fixed that problem. If I can help you with your questions let me know.

Wilbur
09-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the reply's. I hope to be a new owner shortly and I am sure there will be other questions later. Thanks for letting us be a member of your community.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Wilbur,

Whether you do it via the open forums or you do it via email or Private Messages the time to ask a lot of questions is BEFORE you commit to buying a coach. Deciding to buy a coach is a great idea, deciding to buy a specific coach should prompt the most questions before you stroke that check.

Obviously since you are on a site populated by Prevost owners we are all likely to support your decision to join us. But unless you are a battle scarred veteran of purchasing coaches there is so much helpful information and advice that will make your purchase a wise one this is the place to get that information. We all have learned from our experiences and most of us are more than willing to help others by sharing those experiences. Don't be shy. Don't be ashamed of any of your questions. Ask as many as you can think of.

We may actually provide correct answers although that is not a promise.

Wilbur
09-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Jon, thanks for the reply. I am a former Prevost owner having owned an '01 Thompson. Don't even know if Thompson is even in business now. However I sold it in '03 because I did not have the time to use it because of my work load. I have recently retired from the real estate industry, and now I have some extra time. I am now in the market to buy another. I am 68 years old and want to play for a few years. .....wondering what the median age of Prevost owners is today? Looking forward to meeting you folks @ a POG Rally soon.

Coloradobus
09-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Wilbur, a friend of ours recently this year sold her 2005 Marathon Number 874 XLII 2 slide with less than 50,000 miles on it with new tires and batteries and a special custom Silver Leaf digital dash, and fully serviced chassis for $475,000 to give you a benchmark.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-02-2011, 02:57 PM
As a prevous owner you don't need us for general questions, but as you zero in on a particular coach or converter this is the place to aks questions. We particularly like spending other people's money so keep our need to live vicariously through you in mind.

Rick Thompson stopped operations several years ago. He has some strong supporters on this site because of his excellent phone support. I have no clue about the average age, but you and I at 68 are not anywhere near the oldest. Come to our Austin rally Oct.3-7. You will enjoy this bunch of independent souls who are bankrupting the social security system.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-02-2011, 04:10 PM
:rolleyes: You still 68 Jon???

JIM :D

Sawbonz
09-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Average age will be an interesting thing for us to see at Austin. Natalie and I are barely over 40. Hopefully y'all don't mind some young pups in your midst!

Coloradobus
09-02-2011, 04:45 PM
We are 56 and 51, does that count as being "young pups?'

Jon Wehrenberg
09-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Average age will be an interesting thing for us to see at Austin. Natalie and I are barely over 40. Hopefully y'all don't mind some young pups in your midst!

I have shoes older than that. And if I am not mistaken my collection of the Lennon Sisters Albums are also older.

Sawbonz
09-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Who are the Lennon Sisters? Any relation to John?

Jon Wehrenberg
09-02-2011, 06:45 PM
John (AKA Jack) Lennon........wasn't he in the movie the Odd Couple?

BTW, If my math is correct you weren't even a gleam in your daddy's eye when a guy named Lennon was part of a long haired group of hippies.

Damn kids.

Gary Carmichael
09-02-2011, 09:10 PM
we are 69 and 56 At the wild bunch rally in N>B there were 4 drivers in the eighty's the oldest 89. See what a prevost will do for you! I could say his wife was with child but I would be lying, but funny things happen in a prevost!

rfoster
09-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Jon. How many years have you been 68 ...couple?

garyde
09-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Its the perogative of every POG owner to choose their 'happy age'.

truk4u
09-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Jon's confused.. He's thinking Lenin instead of Lennon and that would just about fit his age!

Prevost.Rick
09-07-2011, 06:06 PM
This is my first post on this site and have been a member for several months. I am looking at a 2005 Marathon D/S. Does anyone know if this vintage slides are Provost, Valid or HWH.

if you have a h or xlii if you look at the rooms when they are out if you see the pin holes it,s a prevost no holes it,s a valid,if you have any other questions i used to be the east coast service manager for marathon,call me rick 813-833-2284