PDA

View Full Version : Floor Covering

merle&louise
08-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Tuga, who is doing the work for you? Are you going to post some pics of the new floor? I would love to get rid of my carpeting. Thanks

Sid,

Sorry it has taken me so long to post the pictures of the floor.

Pete
08-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Tuga, lookin gooood. Keep posting pics.

Seabyrd
08-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Tuga and Karen..

That's coming right along and looking "awesome" I love it... thanks for sharing and keep the pics coming !!

Sid Tuls
08-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the pictures! Looks great! I can't wait to do that to mine.

jack14r
08-30-2011, 11:24 AM
That looks good Tuga!!!

merle&louise
08-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll post more pictures of the interior renovation in a few days.

I just wanted to mention a little info about this Captiva vinyl/wood flooring. This is really a good, quality vinyl flooring; the edges are finished so perfectly that you literally can not see the seams. It is awesome!

The vinyl flooring next to the nightstands had to be bent in order to conform to the slideroom riser. We heated the vinyl and then moulded it to follow the shape of the plywood floor. Then we glued it down using the same glue that we used on the other parts of the floor. It held very well.

Really a good product; if anyone is considering installing a vinyl/wood floor I would definitely recommend Captiva!

Seabyrd
08-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Can't wait to see it !!! I need something new too !!

garyde
08-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll post more pictures of the interior renovation in a few days.

I just wanted to mention a little info about this Captiva vinyl/wood flooring. This is really a good, quality vinyl flooring; the edges are finished so perfectly that you literally can not see the seams. It is awesome!

The vinyl flooring next to the nightstands had to be bent in order to conform to the slideroom riser. We heated the vinyl and then moulded it to follow the shape of the plywood floor. Then we glued it down using the same glue that we used on the other parts of the floor. It held very well.

Really a good product; if anyone is considering installing a vinyl/wood floor I would definitely recommend Captiva!

Is this the same product Liberty is using ?

jack14r
08-31-2011, 05:10 AM
Liberty uses Amtico vinyl flooring which looks very similar to the flooring that Tuga used.

phorner
08-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Looks great, Tuga...

Keep up the good work! :D