PDA

View Full Version : Returning Member

rff105
08-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Just getting back, had been a member for 2 years and have been away for about 2 years.

merle&louise
08-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Welcome back Richard. Have you been traveling or just busy spending money on these magnificent machines?

Hope your area was spared the effects of Hurrican Irene. Where is Altoona, PA in relation to the coast?

Try to make the POG 10 rally in Austin - we would really like to meet you!

Bobby
08-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Where and how can I get and Apprasial for MY 1990 Country Coach? I need it for the insurance company. Do I need to take it in to a Dealer? I live way out ( well centerely located ) in Mexican Hat UT. Can it all be done with pictures etc?
Just a ball park figure is all I need,, I know how much I have in it but thats like charging for the Horse Feed TOO!
Bobby

Jon Wehrenberg
08-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Bobby,

If you haven't been welcomed, let me be the one to welcome you to the asylum where we answer all questions, and on very rare occasions we actually come up with the right answer.

Since I am not an insurance man and did not sleep in a Holiday in last night, this may not be the correct answer, but its the best I can make up.

I can only think of two ways to provide an insurance company with a good appraisal. The first is to have a recognized appraiser go over your coach and give you a formal appraisal. I see issues with that because either you have to bring the coach to the appraiser, or the appraiser has to come to you, both being very expensive options. I'm not sure you will benefit enough to justify the cost.

The other way that might work is to search the internet for every early 90's Country Coach for sale, try to evaluate their condition relative to yours, up or down, and using the resulting numbers attempt to come up with a range or average. Since there are relatively few coaches of that vintage for sale you may wish to list every coach that is close to your vintage and use that to convince the insurance company of your coach's value.

I had mine appraised a little over a year ago so I could have an "agreed value" policy. I was fortunate in that I was able to get two appraisals both from experts in the sale of Prevost coaches that knew my specific coach and its condition relative to others in the marketplace.