PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Genmate for Jeep

truk4u
11-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Jeep,
Let me know if you have the Genmate manual, if not, I will tell you what position to place the dip switches. You want to set the dips for a high start voltage, suggest 12.4/24.8 and have the autogen button on the dash pushed to on. With the bus unplugged and the inverters running, use enough 110 volt juice to get the batteries down below the start voltage. You also must be sure the Autogen is not disabled in the generator bay. Once the voltage drops below the set values, it should start. This will tell you if it works and then we can go further with the dip switches. My inverters are backlit in the bus.

NOTE - If you have trace inverters, the gen auto start function is disabled through the inverters and cannot be activated. They did this so as not to conflict with the Genmate.

jello_jeep
11-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks Truck, that is the answer I was looking for!!! I knew it was crazy to have two systems for the same thing and figured one was disabled!

I just took the bus to Prevost and dropped it off last night for service next week, so when I get it back, I will see whats up with auto-gen.

Also I do have the book for the gen-mate, and thanks for the offer.

I was thinking too, if the gen-mate is obsolete and not repairable, I should be possible to hook things up through the traces, no ?

truk4u
11-19-2006, 03:40 PM
That would be great if we could figure out how to change over to the Inverters for auto start. Do you have any other documentation for the Genmate other than the operator manual? I hope yours works OK.;)

jello_jeep
11-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Well, I spent a few days going over all that paperwork in the bus, and I know there was an op manual, and a schematic (basic), but not sure on anything else.

My bus is @ PV Mira Loma right now, so can't run out and check, but the inverters are sure capable of it. Obviously you would only set one inverter up to talk to the gen our you have problemos...

lewpopp
11-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I hope you don't plan on delving into the autostart too deeply. When you get your coach out of hock at Prevost for service, I doubt you'll be able to afford a lady bug a hairnet

jello_jeep
11-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Well, this trip is on the seller... So I am okay hock-wise,, but appreciate the forethought!

Thanks!

truk4u
11-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Warren,
Let me know, I'll copy my manual and send it to you.