PDA

View Full Version : POG X Bling

Jerry Winchester
08-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Okay guys time to start the serious polishing. The first bling contest was held at POG 2 in Santa Fe. Lots of smack talk leading in to the judging, but the results were impressive.

Now we have a chance to move the bar a little at POG X. Since the the first winner, Roger "The King of Bling" Foster has a new ride, he has to try to reclaim his spot. In fact, I think almost everyone who was at Santa Fe has a different bus (except A-1), so I'm thinking we are all good to go.

Remember, there is a day time and night time portion so lights can help win it. Now the judging was a little suspect last time (old lady couldn't be bought), so we need to decide on an impartial judge. Suggestions?

Good new is there is no interior judging, so the Liberty guys are safe.

garyde
08-16-2011, 11:24 PM
I would suggest an individual who is beyond reproach. Know anyone?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-17-2011, 07:04 AM
We couldn't find anyone in POG the last time and had to use the services of an 86 year old woman. Perhaps this year we can assemble a group of wives whose husbands don't have a snowball's chance to be a judging committee.

I do know the last time there were bribes proving our concerns about the integrity of POG members.

truk4u
08-17-2011, 07:32 AM
I know this has been posted before, but for the new folks, this is how Jdub tried to win.

Jim Skiff
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
85978596859585948593859285918590858985888587Bling-A Ling

Jerry Winchester
08-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Seems like I see the King of Bling's chubby fingers in that pic with his Jed Clampett Wad-o-Cash trying to work some hillbilly charm.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Apparently that hillbilly charm worked. I think he should be disqualified. He did a wonderful job as a judge at a Liberty rally and I think he needs to brings those judging skills to Austin.

Time to crown a new King.

rfoster
08-18-2011, 08:49 AM
That's not my Chubby fingers, (no fryed chicken residue)----looks like a lot of Mexican food residue to me.

charlesebrownjr
08-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Ok, somebody give me some guidelines for the Bling Thing. What is acceptable what is not and what is allowed if no one knows about it. Was thinking of having a dozen Hooters girls there passing out drinks to every one before the judging, not to sway anyone of course! Also noticed some cash floating about so how much is a bribe at one of these things.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-29-2011, 07:22 AM
There are no rules except the bling cannot be "factory". If your converter or Prevost installed it the judges will not consider it bling, but a cheap commercial attempt to lure you into their clutches.

Bling as defined by the King of Bling is an outrageous display of lights, chrome, and cheap decorations that when viewed by an 86 year old lady (see above) will make the old broad say "Wow!" Just so you understand how far the last winner went, he had flahing lights beneath the coach dancing in time with music, a rotating disco ball, a license plate holder with a scrolling message and a matching belt buckle also with a scrolling message, both of which said "King of Bling".

He had every flat surface in his engine compartment covered with shiny chrome or polished stainless steel, and I believe he bribed the judge (the 86 year old lady) by promising sex or money (I forget which). Other entrants had flshing strobe lights, palm trees and pink Flamingos, LED lights covering the sides of the coach, and paper money to excite the old broad. The entire contest was a disgusting display of mostly futile attempts to sway the opinion of an old lady. It was POG personified.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-29-2011, 07:24 AM
I should add that there was a lot of trash talk and it was a lot of fun. I now expect a run on Chinese Awning Lanterns as sold by Camping World.

charlesebrownjr
08-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Ok Jon, if I am reading between the lines correctly, you equate this Bling Thing to people associated with the circus crowd. All right, call them what they are "Carnies". I usually don't associate with people known to be corrupt, bogus, misleading and those out to upstage the Jones (aka your neighbor) but being new to the game I may have to participate anyway. I will be sure and bring plenty of long wheel base 10's (Hundred dollar bills). They will be crisp and serial numbers sequentially numbered, don't worry, they will be good for this group!!
Oh one more thing, since you Liberty guys have the jump on the rest of us I think there needs to be a handicapping process so us CC guys will be on a level playing field.:-)

Jon Wehrenberg
08-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Charles,

While it is true the King of Bling did in fact own a Liberty when he was awarded the title, please be aware the whore house decor of his coach was pure factory and thus did not figure into the equation. It is entirely possible for any conversion to be deemed the winner of the bling contest. It will not hurt of course if as a participant you go above and beyond good taste, and based on past results the saying "if it don't go, chrome it" was definitely a part of the King's strategy.

While I know other less scrupulous POG members were not adverse to trying to solicit favors from the 86 year old gal, I cannot attest to the fact that the King was so inclined. Basically, if you got it, polish it. If you cannot polish it, chrome it. If neither of the two options are available to you hang some bling on it. If all else fails, attempt to bribe the judges.

I do not recall seeing in the rules that the bling needs to make sense or tasteful.

garyde
08-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Charles, anything goes except good taste! LED's, Flashing lights, Mirrors, Chrome, sheep, Hanging monkeys, whatever! It's kind of like Disco night.