PDA

View Full Version : Looking for FINDER Switching Relay

Seabyrd
08-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Having trouble finding:

FINDER 20.21 & 20.24 Switching Relays.
They operate lights in different areas of the bus. We have one that keeps getting loose so thought I would replace and get a couple of spares.

Seems like it may be a special order item & I thought someone might know a good source.

Thanks in advance.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Having trouble finding:

They operate lights in different areas of the bus. We have one that keeps getting loose so thought I would replace and get a couple of spares.

Seems like it may be a special order item & I thought someone might know a good source.

Thanks in advance.

If you're speaking of a Prevost item get it from them, shipping is free.

Auto parts stores usually have them. According to Ben, Prevo's are claimed to be a little better.

This free help is based on not knowing exactly which relay you are seeking.

You mention getting loose,I mean the relay, maybe a new socket is warranted.

JIM :)

Jon Wehrenberg
08-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Try here: http://www.alliedelec.com/search/searchresults.aspx?dsNav=N%3a0%2cNtk%3aPrimary|fin der+relays|3|&gclid=CODKgdTo0aoCFY8j7Aod_xye1w

I carry them as spares and I bought a box of ten specific for my coach. They were $2.50 each so it wasn't a hard decision to buy a box.

BenC
08-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I believe Vantare used to aquire then from Wes-Garde, and electrical and electronics warehouse/distributor. They generally sell to retailers or manufacturers rather than individuals, but you are welcome to contact them TEL:(800) 554-8866 to see. We are set up with them if it happens they won't sell directly to a consumer, let me know and I will be happy to get you some.

BenC
08-15-2011, 03:22 PM

These are DIN RAIL mount impulse relays, the first is an "On/Off" and the second is a 3-step sequencing version, for the benefit of the forum, these specific relays don't appear on any other conversion except Vantare's, and is how they accomplished using multiple switch locations to operate a single lighting circuit, and their 3-stage dimming without using PWM electronic dimming for the ceiling "puk" lights. The Vantare engineering department chose this method to help avoid electronic noise from possibly being introduced into the AV equipment and causing speaker buzzing, etc.

Seabyrd
08-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks to all for the replies..

Thanks Ben.. I appreciate that.. I will call them and see what they say.

Diane

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FINDER-TYPE-20-21-24V-16A-250V-RELAY-CIRCUIT-BREAKER-/120360848074

:cool:

Seabyrd
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes Jim that is the one.. I put it on my watch list.. Problem is it snaps onto a din rail and it has to be a tight fit.. being used I have no way of knowing if it snaps tight or not. I only have one that's a little loose and then the galley and stateroom lights don't work.. I can push on it & it works but it gets loose again.
Thanks so much for that.
Diane

Is this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FINDER-TYPE-20-21-24V-16A-250V-RELAY-CIRCUIT-BREAKER-/120360848074

:cool:

Seabyrd
08-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Ben is there a solution to make it snug again.. It is just the one that gets loose every now and then.. when I push on it it works again for awhile?? Can they be tightened up ? It works but loses contact I guess? I am going to see about a new one and a couple of spares.

These are DIN RAIL mount impulse relays, the first is an "On/Off" and the second is a 3-step sequencing version, for the benefit of the forum, these specific relays don't appear on any other conversion except Vantare's, and is how they accomplished using multiple switch locations to operate a single lighting circuit, and their 3-stage dimming without using PWM electronic dimming for the ceiling "puk" lights. The Vantare engineering department chose this method to help avoid electronic noise from possibly being introduced into the AV equipment and causing speaker buzzing, etc.

Seabyrd
08-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Ben.. Is there anyway to make one snug again? It works it's just loose.

merle&louise
08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy circuit board connections? I have a burnt connection on my AC circuit board.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-21-2011, 07:20 AM
So far Ihave had my best luck finding components here:

http://www.alliedelec.com/