PDA

View Full Version : Day Off

garyde
11-18-2006, 10:32 PM
When I am at home, usually Saturdays are busy with Office catch up, or Work related issues. My Son has Soccer, Basketball etc., on Saturdays as well. Today I got a chance to just go out to the Coach, open the awning, turn on the Satelite, open up the entertainment center and turn on the TV and just read and page thru my Prevost Book. It was goof off time. No one around but me. I lit up a Cigar and just kicked back. I have the benefit of having my Prevost here at home. Other than waxing , I am out of projects on the Bus right now. Anyone have any ideas for projects?

Joe Cannarozzi
11-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Yes Gary- would you like to trade:rolleyes:

Jerry Winchester
11-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Gary,

I have "project envy" as I have been in a running gun fight with my coach all fall. Since it stays in Oklahoma during football season and we have a tight schedule, I don't get to do anything other than dump and fill the tanks. Thankfully, everything is working and other than give it a massive cleaning and some small service items, it's cutting and tying every bale.

But I like to pull it out of the hanger and do just what you did, so that will happen in a couple of weeks.

And since I now have a bathroom at the hanger, I don't have to face any Mike / Lew anaconda issues whilst I happily skip along tending to the bus.

But being here in Cozumel is pretty nice today.

matsprt
11-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Gary,

I have "project envy" as I have been in a running gun fight with my coach all fall. Since it stays in Oklahoma during football season and we have a tight schedule, I don't get to do anything other than dump and fill the tanks. Thankfully, everything is working and other than give it a massive cleaning and some small service items, it's cutting and tying every bale.

But I like to pull it out of the hanger and do just what you did, so that will happen in a couple of weeks.

And since I now have a bathroom at the hanger, I don't have to face any Mike / Lew anaconda issues whilst I happily skip along tending to the bus.

But being here in Cozumel is pretty nice today.

Jerry,

How busy is Cozumel ?? I have to come down on business in a few weeks...I'm told it's slow.

Michael

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Gary, It's good to hear that one can get on top of the bus maintenance. I was begining to think the constant trouble shooting and repair is integral with owning a bus. I was starting to have second thoughts about the practicality of retiring to such a vehicle. One doesn't read much here about the trouble free times but I suppose that's not what this site is about. I guess the bus is like owning a yacht or a horse where the cheapest thing about it is the initial purchase. Just rambling here like Jeff and Lew. JIM

Say will your bus, when you go to sell, be listed as SMOKE FREE??

garyde
11-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Smoking in Bus is Verboten!

garyde
11-19-2006, 12:54 PM
My entertainment Center is outside in the 2nd bay. It was in the 80,s yesterday and it looks like it will be about the same today. November is usually great weather in Santa Barbara.

Jerry Winchester
11-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Michael,

It is pretty slow now except on Sunday when there were two cruise ships docked. But the weather is cloudy and windy (but pleasant). However, when we recovered from the night dive last night, I think we qualified for a Navy Seal endorsement. Extreemely rough and the 1 1/2 hour ride back sucked like Lew weighing his bus.

There were a couple of live bands and some other stuff happening.

JW

Danss
11-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Boat like Bus means BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND