PDA

View Full Version : What Is Worse Than A KOA?

Jamie Bradford
08-10-2011, 09:31 PM
An old KOA......................

We are at Bear Canyon in Bozeman and I guess they could not keep their standards up to retain the cherished yellow teepee.

But they did retain a very bad habit , charging $ 1.00 for each dog. Talk about a stupid way to piss people off...................

Oh well, it is off to Yellowstone tomorrow.

Jamie

merle&louise
08-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeah, charging $1.00 for each dog is bad but how about .75 for 5 minutes in the campground shower!

We stayed at a really nice RV resort in Virgin, Utah while visiting Zion NP. My friend Robert travels with us sometimes and he likes to shower in the campground bath house. There was sign outside of the bathrooms stating the shower costs .75 for 5 minutes! So you had to carry a handful of quarters into the shower!

Now you can shower as long as you want to when you're in your MH, but in the bathhouse shower you have to pay .75 for 5 minutes.

I'd like to meet the pinhead that came up with that idea!

Alek&Lucia
08-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Jamie,

You should be lucky and happy that they were not charging you by the weight of your companions, and only by the amount :D

Alek

garyde
08-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I came in late at night at a KOA in Boomtown, Nevada. The only sites they left reserved for late night arrivals were sites with trees over-
hanging the pull thrus. There were plenty of other sites open when I left in the morning. I almost took out my canopy on two sites with trees. You know , it takes so little to make me happy, i don't understand why there's no fore thought to these places. It was $50.00 for the night.:cool:

Mark3101
08-10-2011, 11:04 PM
An old KOA......................

We are at Bear Canyon in Bozeman and I guess they could not keep their standards up to retain the cherished yellow teepee.

But they did retain a very bad habit , charging $ 1.00 for each dog. Talk about a stupid way to piss people off...................

Oh well, it is off to Yellowstone tomorrow.

Jamie

We have stayed at the "REAL" KOA in Bozeman twice and it isn't too bad. Nice long pull throughs and very quiet at night. Where are you going to stay in Yellowstone? I hope NOT the KOA there. Grizzly is much nicer.

Coloradobus
08-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Yeah for Grizzly RV Park. We were there back in early JUNE and the snow was on the ground. Fun tho

Woodscrapper
08-11-2011, 07:06 AM
A Hampton Inn in Rapid City, SD! Hurrah for the Prevost motorcoach!

phorner
08-11-2011, 09:04 AM
I came in late at night at a KOA in Boomtown, Nevada. The only sites they left reserved for late night arrivals were sites with trees over-
hanging the pull thrus. There were plenty of other sites open when I left in the morning. I almost took out my canopy on two sites with trees. You know , it takes so little to make me happy, i don't understand why there's no fore thought to these places. It was $50.00 for the night.:cool:

You are so right!

I made a campground trim the branches off a whole row of trees that blocked my exit from the campsite THEY selected for me.... although there were dozens of unoccupied, open sites available.

In their wisdom they apparently thought it was a good idea to put the biggest rig spending the night on one of the smallest, most restricted sites.

You wonder if they bother to think at all...

Mark3101
08-11-2011, 10:08 PM
You are so right!

I made a campground trim the branches off a whole row of trees that blocked my exit from the campsite THEY selected for me.... although there were dozens of unoccupied, open sites available.

In their wisdom they apparently thought it was a good idea to put the biggest rig spending the night on one of the smallest, most restricted sites.

You wonder if they bother to think at all...

Last year while at the KOA in West Yellowstone, I had to get them to tim several branches off a couple of tree directly in front of our site. No way that I was going to try to get out without it. They guy spent an hour trimming and indicated that they had not done much all year and knew they had to get it done, but nobody had complained prior to me. I find that hard to believe as every RV that went by was hitting the low hanging branches and many stopped to see what they had hit.

The site was not even close to being level, had a huge drop off on the driver's side and had lousy power as well. We won't be going there again. We only went there as Grizzly was full the week we were there.

phorner
08-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Mark,

That sure sounds familiar!

The guys trimming the tree limbs for me to get out also said that it had been a couple of years since they had been trimmed and were overdue.

I pointed it out to the guy that parked us so it wouldn't come as a surprise to them in the morning when I was ready to leave. I can't believe no one else had complained before me!