PDA

View Full Version : Splendide Washer

dreamchasers
08-10-2011, 12:15 PM
I have a Splendide Washer/Dryer combination machine in my coach, as do many other Prevost owners. We have had a few issues with the washer/dryer during this trip. The first issue involved removing the washer/dryer from the enclosure. I did not document this because it was ugly (old men and heavy washers don't mix very well). But I did get it repaired. I used a custom plywood box cut to the same height as my washer/dryer (assembled/disassembled in the rig), with plywood cut by the local Long Beach, Washington lumber yard. All I can say is "It's fixed!".

The second issue was a faulty door lock/switch assembly. These machines operate in the wash cycle with the door locked to avoid opening the door, thus spilling water.

The reason for posting this non Prevost item to inform others that access to the door switch is available without removing the washer from its enclosure (Which can be a major pain). Carefully remove the rubber gasket surrounding the opening to access the switch. Their is a wire loop holding the rubber gasket in place.

This is the switch/lock assembly ($72 from Splendide). The symptoms were the door would not open during the drying cycle unless a "sharp wrap" on the washer was done near the door lock to jar it loose. According to the Splendide technician, this is symptomatic of a switch failure(door lock was sticking).

I included this photo because we were shocked. As a younger guy, when filling up at the local service station, a service station attendant would emerge and always fill your vehicle. But, in recent years this is no longer the case (at least in Texas). However, when I stopped to fuel my jeep at an Oregon filling station, I was doing my normal activity of getting the pump ready to pump fuel in my vehicle. A attendant came out ant told me in Oregon, it is illegal for a consumer to fill their own car. Attendants had to fill the vehicles. Well, I was soo shocked, I took his picture to remember the long lost(at least in Texas) activity.

Hector

michaeldterry
08-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Hector - it's also illegal in New Jersey for a consumer to pump their own gas. Go figure....

Sawbonz
08-10-2011, 01:25 PM
The ONLY thing I miss about Joisey! :o

rickdesilva
08-10-2011, 02:39 PM
And Gas is less expensive in the Garden State.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-10-2011, 04:46 PM
$3.38 in KNoxville today. Diesel is at $3.77

gmcbuffalo
08-10-2011, 11:03 PM
In Oregon you can pump your own Diesel, it's only gas that you can't pump. Old law and it's been voted down each time if shows up on the ballot to change it.

garyde
08-10-2011, 11:10 PM
One of the dumbest laws Ive ever heard . Can you imagne, your not allowed to fill your car up with gas, or fill a can of gas!
This is one of those things where your individual rights are gradually being taken away and no one objects or notices.
One day in Oregon, you won't be able to smoke in a bar.....oh yea, that's gone now too.:cool:

phorner
08-11-2011, 09:08 AM
In Oregon you can pump your own Diesel, it's only gas that you can't pump. Old law and it's been voted down each time if shows up on the ballot to change it.

Same in NJ... you can pump diesel but not gasoline.

However, we NEVER let them pump gas into our Harleys.... that was a task reserved solely for the owner. Only once did it become an "issue" with the gas station attendant.

And he quickly learned they error of his ways :cool:

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Hector, at least your underwear was clean in the washer when you took the picture !!!!!

Gary S.

dreamchasers
08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Gary,

You are really into the details??

Hector

merle&louise
08-11-2011, 06:30 PM
One of the dumbest laws Ive ever heard . Can you imagne, your not allowed to fill your car up with gas, or fill a can of gas!
This is one of those things where your individual rights are gradually being taken away and no one objects or notices.
One day in Oregon, you won't be able to smoke in a bar.....oh yea, that's gone now too.:cool:

I'd like to know why the price of diesel is .06 per gallon higher if you pay with a credit card, but the price of gasoline is the same cash/credit card.

"Splain that to me Lucy!"

johnklopp
08-11-2011, 08:57 PM

In California, you cant smoke on the beach, WORKS FOR ME.