PDA

View Full Version : Fat Beagle Bash V

Loc
08-10-2011, 07:44 AM
It is that time of year again for the Fat Beagle Bash. The fifth somewhat periodic Bash will be held over the Labor Day weekend at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville. This year's theme is "Hair of the Dog". Below is the schedule of festivities:

Friday: arrive - we will be in space 6095 and should arrive by 5 pm. Feel free to stop by when you get in. There will likely be a group sitting around discussing all the important world events and bus stuff.
Friday night: A group of us will head into Kerrville around 6 - 6:30 pm for a casual dinner at one of Kerrville's fine dining establishments.

Saturday morning: Breakfast at the Barn 8am to 9:30am (made to order eggs, waffles, etc.)
Saturday - Do your own thing
Saturday afternoon around 4ish: Happy Hour - we will provide the frozen Beagleritas, chips and dips. Bring a chair and your favorite other libation. We are going to do fewer appetizers this year so that we will actually feel like eating dinner. We said the fewer appetizers thing last year, but we really mean it this year.
Saturday night 6ish: Grill Out - Bring your preferred type of meat (steak, pork, chicken, or tofu patties for Reagan) and we will grill it on the Buckhorn grill located next to the Barn. As usual please bring a side dish, salad or desert.
Saturday night - Live music with BC Smith and Ken Raba till 9:30 pm under the shade trees. Time for some boot sootin and belt buckle polishing.

Sunday morning 8 - 9 am - Breakfast - by the Fat Beagle Cooking Team (eggs, pancakes, etc)
Sunday - a chance to see some of the sights around Kerrville
Sunday afternoon around 4ish- Happy Hour - Beagleritas part two
Sunday night - 5 to 7 pm - Buckhorn BBQ at the Barn
Sunday night - 8 pm - Ice Cream Social at the Barn
Sunday night - dusk - unless it rains about 20 inches we will be skipping the fireworks this year

All of the meals at the Barn with the exception of Saturday night are provided by Buckhorn. You will need to tell them when you check in if you plan to join them and pay at that time. I think breakfast is a pay at the door affair.

Please call Buckhorn Lake Resort at 800.568.6458 to reserve a campsite.

If you plan to attend, please post a reply so that I can get the name tags made.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Peg, Zach and Ziva and I are registered and looking forward to a great Labor Day Weekend.

Thanks for putting it together, again.

Gary S.

pwf252
08-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Sherry and I are attending.

Reagan Sirmons
08-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Loc,
Betty and I will be there and do have the slot reserved.
We can help with the Beagleritas, etc.
How is Churchill doing? Get him to working out so he will be svelt like you.
Pres, Betty, Cocoa, Candy and Oreo

merle&louise
08-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Sorry we can't make it this year, LOC. We are renovating the MH and it won't be finished in time.

We'll be there next year; God willing!

aggies09
08-10-2011, 11:08 PM
We are in. Reservations made last year..........Can't wait to see everybody..............

aggies09
08-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Obvious suspects missing from this list.

Pete
Pres
Gordon
Trouts

Hope you guys can make it.

Pete
08-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Pete & E.J. are going to be there. Only way I know to keep folks from talking about us!

Loc
08-16-2011, 09:33 AM
So far we have 13 couples / families attending. If you plan on joining us please let me know so that I can ensure sufficient ingredients for the Beagleritas and make the appropriate name tags.

merle&louise
08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Loc,

We would love to make the trip, but our MH is undergoing an interior renovation. Both sofas and the dinette cushions are be upholstered and the bedroom carpet has been removed to make way for new Centiva vinyl/wood flooring.

We will surely make it next year.

You guys have fun!

Sid Tuls
08-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Tuga, who is doing the work for you? Are you going to post some pics of the new floor? I would love to get rid of my carpeting. Thanks

merle&louise
08-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi Sid,

I am having the Centiva vinyl/wood floor installed by a professional. I pulled up the carpet and the padding. Then my friend and I put down 1/2" AC plywood.

It was interesting removing the bed and night stands. We got a first hand view of how the slide room works; it's pretty neat!

I'll take some pictures after the installation is complete. We are re-upholstering the headboard and changing the bedspread to match the bedskirt and everything else. Karen is having a ball working with the decorator.

Hopefully, we will be finished in time to leave on our trip to Asheville, NC (Biltmore).

GDeen
08-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Sorry to miss the big event Locster. Going to watch the Wagon Pullers.

Troutline
08-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Loc, Thanks for getting us all together again this year. Jim and I will be in attendance, arriving Thursday. Could you use another Margarita machine? We can bring one is you want. See ya. Carol and Jim Trout

Loc
08-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Please let me know if you plan on attending (and the number that will attend) our traditional Friday night dinner. I need to make reservations by mid week.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Peg and I will be there hopefully Thursday night late. So count us in for dinner Friday night.

Gary S.

pwf252
08-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Two for dinner.

Pete
08-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Loc, we will be there on Friday...count us in.

Loc
09-12-2011, 08:35 AM
A few pictures from this year's Fat Beagle

The M&M's with Churchill the Wonderbeagle (aka Fat Beagle)