PDA

View Full Version : Crafts at POG X

bluevost
07-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Ladies,
I've come up with two craft projects for POG X that I think you will enjoy. All you need are wine bottle corks and a hot glue gun with plenty of glue sticks. The first project is a wine bottle holder/coaster, for this you will need minimum of 33 corks. The second is a cork trivet, for this you will need a minimum of 32 corks to make a 7 1/2" X 7 1/2" trivet. You can make one or both, they are really easy.

I'm hoping JDub will put our craft session EARLY in the week as there will be many new faces in Austin.

Start collecting those corks and we'll see you at POG,
Janet

Jon Wehrenberg
07-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Looks like we got some serious drinking to do before October.

SteveCooper
07-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Looks like we got some serious drinking to do before October.

I'll try to do my part!

bonhall41
07-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I saw some similar crafts online last week so I started saving corks already. Have 231 so far. Actually, I've been saving them for a long time and will now have something to do with them. Got any ideas for champagne corks?

bluevost
07-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi Bonnie,
You might be able to make a trivet out of the champagne corks also. Cut off the stems and glue the tops to a piece of thin wood, or cardboard? What do you think?
Also I forgot to mention in the first post that we want to use only genuine cork, no synthetic corks.
Janet

bonhall41
07-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Janet,
On the instructions I saw, they cut the corks in half lengthwise so they stick to the backing better. Also, it gives you twice as many pieces. They were using them for trivets and placemats. See you in Austin.
Bonnie

bluevost
09-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Want to remind all the ladies to collect lots and lots of wine bottle corks for a crafts project at POG X. AND GUYS, TELL YOUR WIVES THAT DON'T GO ON THE FORUM, they need wine corks and hot glue guns please. The schedule shows us getting together Tuesday morning at POG.
Janet

Pete
09-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Pete & E.J. are in. See you guys in Austin...Looking forward to seeing every one. If you have not signed up, time is getting near.

Ray Davis
09-04-2011, 05:44 PM
So far we've collected several hundred corks. Aiming for 1000 or more before the event.