PDA

View Full Version : RV Blinds Stop Working

Nolan
07-23-2011, 11:45 AM
I have a 2003 Country Coach with electric silhouette window blinds.. ( Not the Prevost Blinds ). Sometimes the blinds just stop working, and will resume working after several hours. The blinds stopped last night while I was lowering for the night, and in the middle of the night started working again ( Lowered themselves ). My wife is concerned that the coach is haunted, and I am pretty sure it is something else. Anyone have any suggestiong?

Nolan

johnklopp
07-23-2011, 12:06 PM
It’s the belief of many in this group that Country Coaches are haunted.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-23-2011, 01:26 PM
John is saying that because it is true. Other Country Coach owners will try to tell you a scientific reason for the ghost powered shades, but we know the real reason.

BoaterAl
07-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Holly ghost busters...wait till Winchester reads this post.

He just might have an opinion to offer, ya think

Jon Wehrenberg
07-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Not Winchester. He would never tell you how he feels.

rfoster
07-23-2011, 06:10 PM
If you have the pronto remote try replacing the rechargeable batteries with off the shelf alkalines. if that doesn't work try aiming the remote at the other receiver eye. Hope this helps

Winchester had a sticker on his bus at the last rally "wish I had a country coach"

Mark3101
07-23-2011, 11:18 PM
If you have the pronto remote try replacing the rechargeable batteries with off the shelf alkalines. if that doesn't work try aiming the remote at the other receiver eye. Hope this helps

Winchester had a sticker on his bus at the last rally "wish I had a country coach"

But the question is WHO put it on his bus?

pwf252
07-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Nolan,
I have had a similar problem, luckily only with the windshield shades which I could operate from their individual switches. I have yet to figure out what and why but when I do I'll be sure to post. From the replies already posted it is apparent help will be slow in coming from these characters. (Except of coarse from Roger who is always gracious in assisting fellow C.C. owners)

Pete
07-24-2011, 09:57 AM
The blinds on a Vision coach operate flawlessly .....by simply pointing your finger at them....E.J. points, and I open or close them. Trouble free and work every time!

dreamchasers
07-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Nolan,

My blinds are the same type as Pete's, that being manually raised and lowered. But a suggestion is if you cannot sort out what is wrong, research the Internet with the model number, looking for a manual. Then sort out how to raise/lower the blinds manually. Their has to be a way to mechanically bypass the electric motors in the blinds in case of a power failure. When you get back to the Houston area, we can sort out the issue.

We are currently on the road.

Good Luck.

Hector

Nolan
07-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Well,

Thanks to all for suggestons. As I noted, the coach seemed to fix itself several hours later, ( actually at 3:00 in the AM, and magically came down ). This has now happened twice, but in both cases the coach fixed itself in a few hours. I only hope that if something else goes awry, the coach will respond accordingly. (Could this be some sort of extended warranty?) Nolan

Reagan Sirmons
07-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Nolan,
This may sound like it is off the wall but you mght try letting the blinds down 1/3rd of the way, wait 5 minutes and then try again to see if they go down. My thought is that something is possibly heating up or shorting out and when it cools or recycles, it reacts to complete the original instructions. I am not an electrician as this suggestion probably reveals. I would also suggest a quick call to Eddie Brayley to get his thoughts. (214) 668 9371.
Very best and enjoy the trip, don't let these "Libby" Liberty guys bother you...
Pres