PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this on Ebay?

Ray Davis
11-17-2006, 05:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-Marathon-Coach-xl-45-Prevost-motorhome-slide_W0QQitemZ140048063199QQihZ004QQcategoryZ5005 6QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

45 ft Maraton XLVS with a slide. Seems to have a lot of other stuff which wasn't standard on '97's either. Nice bus, but maybe a bit pricey for a 97.

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Ray, I saw this one about a month ago elsewhere on the web and wondered about it for myself. I dismissed it though because of my newness to this game. There are some things I question for myself as I am nervous about making a mistake I would regret. They are; what does XLVS mean, are Marathon slides as good as Prevost slides, does it have a washer and dryer? Probably the main thing I did not like were the power bay doors that open down( too difficult to reach in and load, unload for me that is). I also wonder how many different drivers there were from the golf team ( or maybe there was a professional driver)? JIM

Ray Davis
11-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Jim, I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking the bay doors that go downwards are only under the slide. I would guess you can't have the normal bus doors when there is a slide in the way?

I really don't know more than I read on Ebay, but thought it was a very unique coach.

Coloradobus
11-17-2006, 09:04 PM
This coach has been for sale off and on for 3 years. It has a Rogue Slide out with skylights over the coach. It also has a HVAC system instead of Cruise Airs or roof tops. While we were at Marathon in September, we had the opportunity to see inside. The floorplan gives exceptional openness.
Our friends who were looking at it, but were guided away from it because of the aftermarket slide.

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-17-2006, 09:08 PM
You are probably correct on the doors. In that case I guess I'm not too interested in a bus with slides. I would rather the doors open up under the slides. I thought the doors might have to do with loading golf bags. I just do'nt have a good feeling about that bus. JIM

Navigator
11-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Ray,

This bus has been listed on Phil Cornelius's Marathon website for at least 2 years, http://www.philcosales.com/inventory_new.phtml

1997 Marathon Coach Stock # 0475 XLVS. CONSIGNMENT. 1997 45' Marathon Coach with Salon slide. Prevost LeMirage. $ 399,000

There have been several contracts on this bus each time for some reason it seems to come back on the market. I have a feeling its like Jim says the rouge slide.

Tim

Ray Davis
11-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Wow, I just learned something. In all my searching for a bus I never came across that particular website!

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting coach. I'm not really looking but I do keep checking the old spots seeing what's out there!

Jon Wehrenberg
11-18-2006, 04:07 PM
That bus could be a potential problem. If it is a typical Marathon with a lot of weight on the front axle, adding the slide and the associated structure could create an overweight and out of balance front end.

Add to that a structure that Prevost might not be too excited to stand behind and I would surmise educated buyers might take a pass.

Coloradobus
03-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Ray Davis,

Have seen Ebay lately? Marathon XLV I, Coach #475 is back again.

Ray Davis
03-14-2007, 10:08 PM
A 99 for $267k? Doesn't sound at all bad.