PDA

View Full Version : XL 2 on Prevost Stuff from Bruce Coach in Canada

Mark3101
07-17-2011, 06:40 PM
This looks very much like a Legendary from the pictures. I was told that the last 2 or 3 shells that Legendary had that were not finished went to Canada to get completed. If this is one of them, check out the VIN # to make sure of the chassis year if you are interested in it as it could be much older than one would think since it is advertised as a 2012.

This looks almost identical to our coach and after looking at the pics some more it could be a Legendary clone. Everything from the ceiling to the washer/dryer cabinet to shower etc. look exactly the same. Even has the same roof caps front and rear that I have never seen anywhere else. Some finishes are different, but you get the idea.

Just a FYI...

Coloradobus
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Mark

You are correct in thinking this coach is a 2007 shell. I called and its last of the VIN is 71729088,. It is a 2007 shell. Don't know where is came from tho since I was told it was being built over a three year period, They are asking $1,560,000 for it. They are comparing price to a 2011 that Marathon has on their website for the $1.905.000. So, it could be a clone of Legendary in some fashion.
I am surprised that the warranty is still not started. There is a shell out there that is from the 2007 model year that has been on and off of Ebay, that Prevost actually started the warranty this past January 2011. So, whoever buys it has the balance left to them.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-19-2011, 04:33 PM
I cannot remember the time limit, but if anyone is contemplating a coach purchase on an older shell but as a new coach check the Detroit
Diesel warranty. Detroit starts the warranty period after a certain time expires, not when it was put in service. We have seen coaches that had four year old chassis (the only date Prevost goes by is their model year regardless of the title year) being sold as new with titles in the current year, and engine build dates five years old. Clearly those coaches when sold may end up having very upset owners who will not get the warranty coverage they expected.

Coloradobus
07-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Jon is correct. Another thing to consider, is in some states, the state doens't recognize the MSO date of when the coach was finsihed, , but by the VIN. So this Bruce Coach not be recognized as a 2012 but a 2007. Upon trading this coach, an owner couldn't advertize it as a 2012, it would have to a labeled a 2007, oh talk about a hilatious depreciation!!:eek:

jack14r
07-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I would think that the comparison should be the lifestyle XLII that Steve at California Coach has for sale or the Russel Coach for sale at Russel Coach in Tennessee.A difference of 5 years from vin to conversion is even more than any other coach that I have ever heard of(even the old Featherlite).

Jon Wehrenberg
07-19-2011, 07:56 PM
I was unaware Russell had any coaches for sale, especially a new one. He did a conversion but that was sold a long time ago.

jack14r
07-20-2011, 05:18 AM
There is one on the Russel Coach Website for sale,i guess that they have not updated lately.

campers
07-21-2011, 01:38 PM
We are making a big trip through the whole US. Started in Florida, going all the way west,
along the passific coast to BC and than going east in Canada, over the Rockey Mountains to
Sault Ste. Marie, Cleaveland,OH, New York, and back to Florida along the east coast.

Now we are at the "Bruce" plant in Salmon Arm, Canada. Did see the coach you mentioned and
Bruce confimed that a "Private Buyer" bought two Ledgendary coaches and did take them to
Salmon Arm to have one finished and the other one partly rebuild.
The coach, as advertised as a 2012, also advertised as a 2011, is not finished yet and Bruce is
working hard to get it finished, confirm "Bruce Quality and Craftmanship", and will leave the
plant with a certificate of completion, dated on the day of delivery.

The shell may be much older, but that is not the concern of Bruce, I was told. They are
"Custom" builders, every coach is different and they never will do a "spec. coach"
The owner of the shell is responsible for the registration of the coach in the USA.

Looking to the most Prevost coaches in the US,.......between the shell date and the final
conversion date........ there is also a difference of one to two years. And the title shows always
the day of the conversion-completion as the year of the coach.

Prevost does sometimes extend the warranty on older shells, depending on the situation and
can only be arranged by the owner of the shell , the converter, in this case, "Bruce", wil warrant
the conversion part ( Terms and Conditions can be asked for by "Bruce") as a 2011.

So, comming back on the advertisement:
If a buyer is interested in this coach, I am sure that the right information will be on hand.
And it is to the seller on how much money the coach will be selling for.

As you all know, I own a Bruce coach and do get always a lot of compliments. I am very
satisfied about the "Bruce Quality" and even now more.....about their service!

Very soon I will make a report with pictures of the "Bruce Coach Inc."

Coloradobus
07-21-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't have trouble with what Bruce Coach does or doesn't do regarding the shell age of the coach advertised in P-Stuff. We have seen a Bruce Coach at Kerrivlle last year and it was spectacular. Whatever these coaches will be tagged with as their model year of completion, our state would identify them ONLY by the Shell VIN number. We had this problem with our 27ft Airstream Classic Class A motorhome. Its mounted on a Chevrolet P-30 chassis with a VIN identifying it as a model year 1983, and Airstream also added their own VIN after completion to it as a model year, 1984. Colorado titled it as a 1983 since the chassis was labeled a 1983. The DMV would not honor the 1984 Airstream house VIN number. So, Bruce Coach being advertised, would be titled as a 2007 if licensed in Colorado. I don't know how that would reflect on the coach value. Time will tell when a coach like this is traded.