PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic fan

Sid Tuls
07-16-2011, 08:02 PM
The problem I have is my fan won't work. The lid does go up and down but the fan won't go on. Checked the fuse and it's ok so what's my next thing to look at? Thanks

truk4u
07-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Sid,

When the lid goes up, there is a small switch that is spring loaded and it turns on the fan. Sometime they stick and won't extend when the cover opens and I've also had to replace the switch. You can see the switch if you can get access to the roof and watch the cover open and see if the switch opens. It's kind of like the door switch in your car and looks like a button. If the switch is opening, then probably a fan motor problem.

BoaterAl
07-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Had the same problem and removed the complete switch control from the wall. The nut which holds the speed switch control was loose on the back side.. This allowed the entire switch to turn. All back together, works with fan control again.

Charles Spera
07-16-2011, 10:21 PM
The good news is that Fantastic guarantees their product for life. If it can't be revived, give them a call. You'll be pleasantly surprised by their attitude and interest in your problem. Mine stopped raising the lid and they sent me a whole rebuild kit same day.
HTH

Sid Tuls
07-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the replys will look into it in the morning.

joelselman
07-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Sid: While you're up on the roof, check the ground wire for the fan motor. It's the wire that comes from the motor to a bolt/nut grounding it to the bus itself. It will be accessable from the top with the lid open. I've had intermittent fan when these get loose....or just give that bus to me and go get your H!

gmcbuffalo
07-18-2011, 12:40 AM
I think Joel hit it, that ground nuts sometimes just needs to be turned a few times to clean the ground. Call Fantastic they told me what to do before I had to even turn a nut. They have heard everything and they will send you the parts free.