PDA

View Full Version : Koni shocks

BoaterAl
07-12-2011, 02:12 PM
FOR SALE....2 Brand NEW in the box never installed Koni adjustable Red shocks.

Koni # 90-2573 ( mfg date on box late 2010)

FITS; HS, XL w/ rigid front axle. XL II with IFS (independent front suspension)

Priced at $197.00 each on Koni site ($394.00)

Both.....$315.00 includes shipping

We will be attending the rally in Petoskey, MI. Can carry with me if that works better.
price $295.00 for both.

BoaterAl
07-13-2011, 02:29 PM
No response to the very pretty red shocks for sale.

So if anyone has some interest make me a offer, pay the shipping and there yours. BTW...90-2573 fits nearly everything except XL-II front with IFS. (lower mount is shaft not bango).

Probably PM (private mail) preferred

Thanks

johnbrowder
07-13-2011, 04:23 PM
I know this has been discussed before, but I did the Konis all around this winter. I could not be happier with the ride and handling.

Joe Camper
02-23-2020, 07:28 AM
I'm curious if any of you seasoned multiple bus owners can answer this question for me. Koni front shocks are adjustable I put a lot of them on. My customers look to me for where I should set them and I don't have enough miles behind the wheel on a Prevo to make an educated suggestion. The standard response and installation leads to setting them in the middle halfway between lost and found.

Where do you set your Koni and is there any difference when you do it? Completely soft? completely firm? What's the verdict inquiring minds want to know.

Gil_J
02-23-2020, 08:24 AM
Middle of the road hear. I suppose it might be good to hear from someone that drove a good distance at the firmest on softest settings to hear how much difference they felt.

truxton
02-23-2020, 09:24 AM
No need to worry boy's, the new Koni's are not adjustable.

A few years ago when it seemed like Koni's were all the rage everyone I know did middle. My opinion is guys changed from a bad shock to a new Koni and word got out how wonderful they were. I changed a OEM Monroe at 60 k miles to a Koni and couldn't tell the difference on my old bus.

Later
bv

BGLogistics
02-23-2020, 09:25 AM
I need some ANTI-LEAN aka CORNERING shocks all around:). I am gonna look into adding rear sway-bar once can get under bus and see what is/isn't there.

Joe Camper
02-23-2020, 11:00 AM
Hey Bernie I just put a set of shocks on a 07 Marathon the shocks came from Prevo and they are adjustable I know that they also have non-adjustable ones but they are still selling the ones that can be adjusted maybe we swerved into another issue here clarification is in order.

This is just a guess I'm just thinking out loud here but the last time they ship me a set of non adjustable front koni was for a 2012 chassis. Quite possibly after a certain year you can no longer put the adjustable front konis on these chassis I don't know but I just got a set a brand new koni for the front and they were the old style adjustable for this 07.

Thank you for that Insight on the comparison Mister bus driver I figured that might be the case. I think any time I'm asked where they need to be I'm going to start putting them all firm no more middle of the road.

Next time I have Prevost on the phone I'm going to see what the skinny is all about with the two different styles of koni for the front

Texas 40
02-23-2020, 05:15 PM
After speaking with Koni, I followed their suggestion and installed their Gold shock rather than the Red. My purpose was to also to stop the cornering leans and have been very happy. Probably have about 15,000 miles on the Gold. They were very good about discussing my goal and even checked back after the sale.

Joe Camper
02-23-2020, 06:57 PM
Just to add to your post for the rest of us, the gold r the newer non adjustable ones Bernie was eluding to.

Texas 40
02-23-2020, 08:08 PM
Correct Joe. The Gold do not adjust.

rcantrell52
02-24-2020, 12:26 PM
Anybody install/using Road King Shocks?

Reese Cantrell
2007 Marathon Coach #1025
XLII

Anthem
02-24-2020, 12:33 PM
The Koni shocks I just put on the front of my XL are not adjustable. I never saw the older ones that were but the ones that I just recently purchased do not seem to be.

Gil_J
02-24-2020, 01:06 PM
The Koni shocks I just put on the front of my XL are not adjustable. I never saw the older ones that were but the ones that I just recently purchased do not seem to be.

I didn't know Prevost was selling the gold Koni shocks for XL models. I recently put Konis on an 03 H3 and Joe just them on an 05 XL-II. Bought from Prevost they were Koni reds. The reds are adjustable.

Rootdmd
02-24-2020, 08:55 PM
Ok, so Joe said my bus is an 07, Gil says it’s an 05 and Marathon said it’s an 06. LOL

All I know is that Joe is a character, and sure knows his stuff. I enjoyed the heck out of seeing him work on my coach!

Gil_J
02-24-2020, 10:20 PM
My bad. I was going by memory.

Joe Camper
02-24-2020, 10:39 PM
I warned ya u hired a scatter brain Mark. Whos next?

Had Prevo on the phone again today for a different bus and forgot I wanted to ask them if there was any Rhyme or Reason on what front koni shocks they send out be it gold or red and I forgot to do that too. But you know what? I figured out this guy's Haywire level low over here today that another shop throwing parts at it couldnt correct and that had me dancing The Jig. Ya baby!!

Rootdmd
02-25-2020, 05:33 AM
Gil,

Technically you are correct since an 06 Marathon uses an 05 Prevost shell.

Rootdmd
02-25-2020, 05:35 AM
I warned ya u hired a scatter brain Mark. Whos next?

Me too. I think that reflects the typical persona of a genius. LOL

GoneCrazy
02-25-2020, 09:53 AM
I didn't know Prevost was selling the gold Koni shocks for XL models. I recently put Konis on an 03 H3 and Joe just them on an 05 XL-II. Bought from Prevost they were Koni reds. The reds are adjustable.

I have red adjustable on front of 96 XL and black/gold on rear. Ordered directly from koni.

Joe Camper
03-21-2020, 06:40 PM
Look at this.

Who does this. I'll tell you. Frickin idiots. How many of you guys reading this would rip a shock down that tight? come on. This was done for a new owner at the dealership where he bought it.

Let me splain what's happening. The original shocks prevo uses have eyelets on them that except two halves of a rubber bush. The post that the shocks go on have a collar and with these original shocks you run the nut and the outer washer all the way down till it bottoms out on the shoulder of the stud and the squish, it's perfect. If you put any other shock on that post other than those flat black original Factory shocks for replacement. If you put the Monroe gas Matic if you put the koni you can't run the nut all the way down to the collar. U end up like the photo. The nut is a lock nut and you only run it up until the rubber squeezes out to no greater than the circumference of the eyelet at top of the shock and you stop.

So yingyang simply rips it down cause that's how the old ones were Unconscious to anything that's going on around him. See this all the time.

And while I'm on the subject of installing something as simple as a shock or at least it should be When you're putting koni on the front the top eyelet on a koni for the FRONT ONLY it has an inner collar and the koni front only shocks those are designed for that nut to run up and bottom out on that collar on the top eyelet on those shocks.

What a way to start out with a set of shocks u just gave 1200 lewbucks for.