PDA

View Full Version : Liberty's New Generation Coach

jack14r
07-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Liberty has their new generation 2012 H3 on their web site and on Prevost Stuffs site also,I think that it is the first Volvo D13 that has been converted and for sale.I was hoping that they would show pictures of the engine compartment.

merle&louise
07-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Jack,

How much?

It is very, very nice. I really like the blue lights in the bedroom and also the mixture of wood laminate and leather in the galley.

The double doors (mirrowed)in the bathroom / bedroom area are a nice touch; makes the area look much larger. Absolutely a beatiful coach - a 10!

jack14r
07-10-2011, 06:53 AM
I have no idea how much,but was just interested in the fact that they did not advertise that it had the Volvo D13.Last week a guy was in my shop that works at the Volvo test track in Greensboro and he told me that the D13 is bullet proof and even with all the emissions stuff it gets 8 MPG because of the lower RPM at cruise,Volvo wants it geared to turn 1400 RPM.I think that it should be an improvement over the CURRENT DD60,the DDEC 3 and older were also bullet proof.

merle&louise
07-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Jack,

Aside from the D13 Volvo engine, are there any other new innovations on the coach?

Does it have an Allison transmission or does Volvo build their own transmission?

Does Liberty use Prevost slides on both the H3 and the XL II? Which slide does this "New Generation Coach" have?

johnklopp
07-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Volvo engine was in a coach on display at the FMCA meeting in Perry Georgia this year. To see the pictures do a forum search for "Prevost with a Volvo Engine", don't know how to provide a link to it.

jack14r
07-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Volvo does build transmissions but I am not sure that theirs will fit in a Prevost,Liberty only uses factory(Prevost) slides.This coach is a little different than the one in Perry because it has bus air,I guess it has more belts and pulleys.

garyde
07-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi Tuga. I heard they were going to update their website, which would give potential customers information on the new technologies they are now using. They have changed a lot in the last few years with a change in batteries, electronics, & air conditioning just to list a few things. The H3's are pretty much allll they are making now from what I've seen listed on their site.
You can also follow them on Facebook.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-14-2011, 09:23 PM
John Kloop, Mark and I were at Prevost this week and as the villiage curmudgeon I have to say I was blown away by the chassis multiplex systems and the sophisitcation of the new coaches with the Volvo. Mileage is back up where it belongs due to the technology used and with all the features such as interactive braking and the message center my vintage coach is in the dark ages.

Maybe john will post with his opinion. Mark was too busy spending money and fretting with his cord reel to learn what we did.

merle&louise
07-14-2011, 10:26 PM
John Kloop, Mark and I were at Prevost this week and as the villiage curmudgeon I have to say I was blown away by the chassis multiplex systems and the sophisitcation of the new coaches with the Volvo. Mileage is back up where it belongs due to the technology used and with all the features such as interactive braking and the message center my vintage coach is in the dark ages.

Maybe john will post with his opinion. Mark was too busy spending money and fretting with his cord reel to learn what we did.

Jon,

What is interactive braking?

Jon Wehrenberg
07-15-2011, 06:55 AM
If a threat ahead of the coach is perceived by the coach the brakes will automatically be applied. A car can pull in front of the coach and hit its brakes, and before the driver can even react the bus brakes will be applied with the force required to keep the bus from hitting the car. The driver display will simultaneously be giving the driver visible and audible warnings to get his attention also.

If the bus is on cruise control and a car pulls in too close (not that anyone would do that) the bus brakes will be applied until there is a safe distance between the two vehicles. In short it is a system, such as the stability system (which controls skids) to assist the driver and prevent accidents.

merle&louise
07-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Wow, that's a pretty neat system.

I wonder if it can be retrofitted to older coaches.

Jon Wehrenberg
07-15-2011, 09:51 AM
I seriously doubt it. It is all integrated with the multiplex system. Good incentive to buy a new coach.

Mark3101
07-17-2011, 11:42 AM

But thanks to Jon & John's work, the cord reel works fine again. Once the kink was removed all was well, and with Jon's suggestion to remove an offending piece of hardware that was interfering with the cord's drop into the bucket, it works better than ever!