PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Cove RV Park, Frisco, TX - Avoid if Possible

Jerry Winchester
07-08-2011, 09:57 PM
So after a rodeo check in today, the park management comes by to visit this evening. Seems they have determined that the 4 AC units running on my coach are tripping the main breaker for this section of the park. Not the breaker at out site. In fact we are only pulling about 30 amps per leg. All the folks around us left their coaches with the AC's on and we are the only ones here, so they want to limit us to one (1) AC unit for the bus (100+ OAT).

I told they guy I'll make you a deal. I'll unplug the bus and run the generator all weekend if you refund all my money for the two days I'm staying here. They vapor locked. I said basically everyone else is either gone or only have one AC, so we will be collecting our $85 tomorrow and letting everyone we know they need to run from this place. Poorly managed, run down park.

LarryB
07-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks for report Jerry. We are looking for a place close to my brother in Plano but, sounds like the Lake Grapevine park is still the best bet.
When will these 'SheepDips' learn that we all talk to each other?

Jerry Winchester
07-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Larry,

We are going to try to get in Shady Creek in the morning. It sets not too far off the North Dallas Tollroad on 380 and looks way better on the web. It will be closer to Plano than Grapevine. I'll get you a report.

AmeriStar
07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad customer service you experianced.
We stayed there for several days a couple of years back. It has great access to the lake.

BoaterAl
07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Jerry,
Where is this place in Frisco ? And.... we all know it's hidden.

Jerry Winchester
07-08-2011, 11:21 PM
It's west of Frisco on the east side of Lake Lewisville. It's only redeeming quality is it sits on the lake.

- Branches hanging down to scratch your bus
- crazy sewer hookup at the back of coach requires a "hose stretcher"
- they charge $10 per day access fee for your toad
- site so unlevel it looks like we have "the leans"
- they sent us to a 30 amp site to start. I figured that out after the slides were out and the bus was leveled
- second site they sent us to was occupied
- third site they sent us to also occupied so we are in the 4th option
- reservations mean nothing, so someone didn't get a 50 amp full hookup tonight cuz it's "first come" even with a deposit
- we were here on Memorial Day along with the knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, shallow gene pool Sodomites - scary

I could go on for a page.

+ But the water pressure is good.

garyde
07-08-2011, 11:38 PM
I guess they simply installed a 50 amp recepticle on an old electrical system capable of only handling 30 amp 120 volt outlets. Someone should inform them that if you install a 50 amp recepticle you better be prepared to handle the load.
Its the handy man designing and upgrading w/o a clue.

Bill Price
07-09-2011, 09:47 AM
How have I missed this place? This sounds like my kind of place. If only the sewer would back up I would call this my dream park. I thought I was the only one capable of finding these junkers. LOL

merle&louise
07-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Jerry,

You need to give these folks a little free advertising!

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

I use this website religously when traveling. It has saved me some of the experiences that you describe.

Jerry Winchester
07-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Tuga,

I burned this place down on that site last night. Problem is, you get a bunch of old timer 5th wheel guys on there that rate every park a "10" because the host was friendly. I rate parks on there all the time and a nice park to most of us is one these folks can't get in (ODR or the like) so you have to take the reviews with a tub of salt.

But this saga got better today. They didn't want to give me all the money back this morning after I cut the deal with the guy last night. I'm sure you can imagine how that conversation went. A park representative called me when I was pulling in to Shady Creek to let me know they would give me the rest of my money.

The lady argued with me that I had wronged them by using their water and sewer then asking for a refund.

phorner
07-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Jerry,

Fair is fair.... I'd offer to give them their sewer back.....

Jamie Bradford
07-09-2011, 06:56 PM
So I guess that they will not make the future rally list?

Jerry Winchester
07-09-2011, 11:27 PM
They only have 10 full hookup faux 50 amp spots so they couldn't host all the folks looking for Jeff Baylee.

Reagan Sirmons
07-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I see a POG seminar in the making??
"How to win friends and influence rv park operators."
Point one: you have to be 6' 5'' or taller and have a persuasive personality!
Pres