PDA

View Full Version : Like Jesus said...

Sawbonz
06-30-2011, 03:46 PM
It is done!

It appears we are now proud owers (not a typo) of a slightly used Liberty Prevost.

So far, it's been a good experience with Robin at Liberty, but I wanted to give a shout-out to Chris at Millennium, who helped get us interested.

wayne
06-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Congratulations! Beautiful Coach!

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
06-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Karl, Natalie, Ariel, Ian and Prancer....Congratulations!!! I certainly know your feelings. It is a beautiful bus!
Now just let the FUN begin with lots of enjoyment. Life is too short. Safe travels. Hope to see you down the road soon.
Sandy

johnbrowder
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
While we ended up buying our Liberty elsewhere, we had great experiences with both Robin and Chris.

One note of advice: you paid for Liberty's program, and it is a good one with significant value. They do what they say in terms of batteries, etc, but YOU need to get on the bus and use it to shake out any issues that are not apparent on purchase inspections. My brother bought his Liberty from Robin, and it was a process to work through the numerous small issues. It involved more than one trip to Prevost. In the end, Liberty willingly picked up the tab and were very good to work with, but when you leave the lot, you are likely far from done.

It is a beautiful bus, and I hope it will be a source of great pleasure for you and your family.

travelite
06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Wow, congrats Karl, she's beautiful. I know you talked about the need for bunks, does this coach have 'em? If not, what are your plans? Does your '04 have an EGR equipped Series 60?

Thanks, (still looking for a non-egr, bunk equipped, slide equipped, XLII)...

Gary Carmichael
06-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Great looking ride! They are made to drive and what a pleasure, drive safely.

Sawbonz
06-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Thank you, John. We intend to stay in it for a couple of days to push every button and flip every switch.

David, we will be having a kid sleep on an air mattress. There are a couple of trade-offs: Only one couch to turn into a bed, less bay room because of OTR, less cabinet space interiorly, and no screen door or window screens come to mind. But, sturdier, prettier, and classier will be better.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-30-2011, 07:48 PM
John's advice is very sound. Not only try to exercise every switch, dial and knob to make sure it all works, but probably more importantly take the time to understand your systems, not only to assist you when you have to figure out which switch the kids pushed to make something not work, but to help you cope with a problem if something really doesn't work as it should. When you know what you don't know (such as how to make the slide go in manually or how to get power to the refrigerator if the inverter has failed) go over these things with Liberty. Far better to do that now than to find out at midnight on a Friday of a long holiday weekend that you cannot get hold of anyone when the awning is hanging out and you want to drive.

Not being a pessimist, but a realist knowing stuff happens and nothing beats having a plan for when it does. If anyone tries to tell you nothing ever breaks or when it does you can always get telephone help find out what kind of recreational chemicals they are using.

As to the space lost by the OTR...try not to drink that cool aid. You have lost less than the equivalent of 1/2 bay because between the condenser side and the evaporator side is the fuel tank. And typically those coaches without OTR do not make the efficient use of bay space that you have in your coach. I don't know of another converter that gets the generator, the waste tank and water tank all in the same bay.

BTW, in case you haven't figured it out note the other Liberty owners on this site and establish a rapport with them. Often they will be able to give you a lot of help and advice because they have learned and experienced what they know and will be willing to help you with assistance if the need should arise.

phorner
06-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Karl and family,

Congratulations on your new bus and welcome to Prevost ownership!

That is one fine looking bus and you couldn't have picked a better converter.

Best of luck in your new "adventure".

See you down the road....

jack14r
06-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Congrats,THE GREAT THING IS THAT YOU BOUGHT A COACH THAT HAS ALMOST ALL OF THE UPDATES OF A NEW ONE.HAVE FUN LEARNING ALL ABOUT YOUR NEW COACH.

Jerry Winchester
06-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Very nice.

garyde
06-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Very Nice. Congradulations Karl, Natalie and family. Looks very similar except for the Leopard chair. Feel free to PM or call me with any questions.

Sid Tuls
06-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Congrats Karl, It's a wonderful way to see the United States!!! I hope you and your family have many great memories in it.

Sawbonz
07-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks everybody! Your well wishes are much appreciated.

GDeen
07-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Beautiful coach. Congrats. Now bring it over to Austin this fall and enjoy the fun.

Coloradobus
07-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Enjoy the ride of your life!!

truk4u
07-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Beautiful bus Doc...

michaeldterry
07-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Karl & Natalie - congratulations on you beautiful new bus!

Sawbonz
07-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Beautiful coach. Congrats. Now bring it over to Austin this fall and enjoy the fun.

We're gonna try!

Des Beavers
08-13-2011, 04:59 PM
What an absolutely beautiful coach!

(i wish I hadn't seen this).

Congrats!!