PDA

View Full Version : York (CCI) AC Compressor Replacement

travelite
06-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Folks,

After replacing my York (CCI) AC compressor too many times, I'd like to swap it out for a modern style Sanden or equivalent. The York is around 22000 BTU at 2000 rpm. I'm curious over what Prevost uses. Can someone take a peak to see if a manufacturer or model number is visible on you engine mounted AC compressor? Thanks.

lonesome george
06-30-2011, 11:13 AM
David,
Ours has a Blissfield that is a piston type, it looks like a cast iron York. I'm not recommending it as a replacement unit this one had a small oil leak from the rear cover that I fixed with a new O-ring about 2 years ago and now I'm seeing a wet spot again, but it does function well the dash air on this one is cold. If the Blissfield goes south I'm going to refit with something like a Sanden.

Did you ever add caster to your Blue Bird?

travelite
06-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi George,

Thanks for the info. If you do go with a Sanden, a likely candidate is the SD7H15. There's also a conversion bracket that fits the Sanden to a York style mount: 990-90026.
http://www.apairinc.com/iView.asp?Cat=Compressor%20Conversion%20Kits&Scat=York%20to%20Sanden%20Conversion%20Kit

I haven't done anything about the caster yet. We'll be heading to Disney World this coming fall so I'll have an opportunity to stop by Josams in Orlando. They're about the only one's that I'm willing to trust with the job. Thanks for asking, I'll keep you posted. Take care.

joelselman
06-30-2011, 12:57 PM
After replacing a compressor about every 18 months on my previous 1989 K model with driver air, I turned Prevost Mira Loma onto another source I found on the internet. Unfortunately, since the coach was sold, I no longer have the supplier info. The compressor was a direct replacement marketed as h-d for Class 8 semi use and guaranteed for (I believe) 2 years/500,000 miles. I never replaced it again. Good luck if you search.

travelite
06-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks Joel,

I was able to find out that Prevost uses, or has used, the Sanden SD7, or Enhanced SD7 (FLX7), series of compressors. Prevost part number: 950436. Sanden does offer them in an HD suffix which means Heavy Duty clutch bearing. This may be what you're talking about. Blissfield is the York/CCI/Tecumseh style.