PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE HECK IS A FLORIDA "REBUILDABLE TITLE: Marathon Coach 842 2PCW3349131028071

Coloradobus
06-29-2011, 06:16 PM
To me, this coach was a "total."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Prevost-Marathon-XLII-double-slide-NO-RESERVE-/330582744921?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item4cf8445f59

Looks to me, this one may have rolled.

charlesebrownjr
06-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I wonder if the pics on ebay are before or after the rebuild?? I see it has a salvage title which means to me it was totaled by the insurance company and someone bought it as salvage.
I did not know you could re title a salvaged vehicle for sale?????? If it looks that good in person, it might be a deal, depending on how it was restored. Thats a very big if.

Sawbonz
06-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Not me, that's all I can say!

It has not been restored, but I wouldn't drive it if it had. Some things are just not worth the price.

edsaylor
06-29-2011, 09:27 PM
A salvage title ruins the resale value of a vehicle. After the vehicle is rebuilt, the highway patrol looks at the vehicle and if it looks OK they sign a form where the owner can get a "Rebuilt title". Many banks will not finance a vehicle with a Rebuilt title. Many dealers will not trade for them. The resale value is less than half of what a similar vehicle with a good title. Anyone who would buy a Prevost with a rebuilt title better love it because they may never be able to get much of anything for it.

flyu2there
06-29-2011, 10:40 PM
"the owner was not willing to wait for the repairs to be done so the Insurance company settled up with them"

Gee that sounds like my insurance carrier.......! So Prevost will take out the dents for 100k +/-, then there is the "stuff" inside and probably paint. My guess is that this thing has been wet as well.

Salvage title...forget it!

BoaterAl
06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
At least some things change for the unknowing consumer. Can you put yourself behind the wheel of that Prevost for a couple of years and then trade it in a the dealer tells you ...sorry man your bus was a in a accident and was damaged so bad it was considered a total loss. Now some very talented people can fix or repair most anything and the price is right so they rebuild it. Your bus it not for us and is worth a lot less then you think.
There are salvage titles, flood titles, repo titles .. some states us different color titles showing a other then normal. Still some not so nice dealers will what they term "wash" a title. This is done by re-titleing in many states until issued clean and clear. They know which states are easy
When we began serious looking at prevost I ran every one thru Car Fax. At least I would have some comfort knowing it had stayed out of the body shop needing major repairs.
I would'nt touch a bus with anything but a clear clean title.

Coloradobus
06-30-2011, 12:51 AM
There you go. That is why I posted this bus, and Listed it as Marathon Coach #0842 XLII 2 slide with the VIN, 'cause it will surface later if not sold on Ebay. A Pogger a few years ago contacted a broker for a build sheet on a coach we had seen personally having been involved in a head-on and repaired. I contacted both the Pogger and the broker and told them. Neither knew its history. That coach was an H3-45. Marathon Coach #841EXV 2 slide. That one ran a few times on Ebay under the seller name Team Quality out of Missouri. Team Quality was also on the service tag at Marathon Dallas when we saw it, and Chris Trawick pulled us asside and said Marathon nor Prevost did the repair. Guess the coach did find a home, but who knows where.

phorner
06-30-2011, 08:39 AM
I've seen this bus at Prevost in Jacksonville as I was there when it was towed in. The damage to the front is considerable. Left front tire gone, wheel and hub extensively damaged, front suspension damage and electrical bay access door nearly torn completely off. Damage to the passenger side runs nearly all the way down the side with the passenger door hanging on. Windshiedl looked like something hit it.....hard!

I took a couple of pictures of the damage but didn't want to post them out of concern that the bus might belong to a fellow POGger and I felt that the owner should be the one to make the extent of the damage known to the membership. I did overhear conversation at Prevost that the owner wanted it totaled. Personally, I don't blame him.

If I can find the pix, I'll post 'em...

truk4u
06-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Ask the King about Salvage Titles! Run Forrest Run..