PDA

View Full Version : aux compressor quit

ToyMan
06-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Checked the power going into and out of the regulator and everything is good. Checked the wire just as it is going into the box holding the compressor and it is hot there also.

Is there a thermal switch on the compressor?

How hard are they to replace? Maybe a do it yourselfer. I did bring the famous jack stands with me.

Where can you buy one?

I am stuck over at St. Augustine waiting for the gates to open at the Daytona race track (Wednesday)

I have to start the engine to flush the toilet. Neighbors might not like that.

I wonder if Prevost in Jacksonville has the part or maybe someone can suggest to me an alternate part. I thoughtI had read a post that gave some part numbers.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

jack14r
06-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Someone with an older Liberty can help or call the guys in Stuart Florida,it can most likely be purchased at WW Granger.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Ron,

To temporarily resolve your problem until a suitable replacement or repair can be made is to get a small 120V compressor from Harbor Freight or someplace similar and connect it to the air fitting that should be in the steer compartment. With a little planning you may be able to get one whose compressor and motor will fit in the space now occupied by the failed compressor.

ToyMan
06-27-2011, 07:20 AM
I got up this morning and turned it on and it ran. There must be a thermal fusible link on the compressor. However it would only go up to 60 lbs which was enough open and shut the pocket doors and flush the toilet.

I have shutoff valves on all my lines coming out of the major distribution port. I closed off all of them except the toilet. I know I do have a small leak somewhere so maybe I won't have to start it as often

Hopefully I can make it back home before it totally goes south.

Thanks for the advice Jon and Jack.

truk4u
06-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Ron,

Access on my 94 Liberty was through a removable panel behind the front axle requiring you to get under the bus. There is also a filter that needs replaceed occasionally.

Prevost.Rick
06-27-2011, 09:23 AM
do what john said there is rebuild kits available,they go up to a 1/2 hp do not have the same size a third, and it,s alot of fun to change,ch to see if your air is staying up,or call me