PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Pro Install

rickdesilva
06-23-2011, 11:10 PM
I am in the process of installing the Tire Pressure Pro in my coach, I am installing it in conjunction with my Silverleaf 240 so the display will be on my VMS 240. I need to install 2 units, the forward "antenna box" and the rear repeater. My Silverleaf 240 is mounted on the left side of my dash so the harness which connects the front "antenna box" to the VMS 240 is about 5' long. My thoughts were to install it somewhere in the forward lower driverside compartment where the fusebox and steering box is located. Is there an optimal location and I'm curious where everyone else who has the Pressure Pro has their front "antenna box" located. The second question is where do you have the rear repeater located, I'm only going to monitor the coach tire pressures and not the toad. And, where are you picking up the 12volt power for the rear repeater. Finally is there any suggestions in installing the valve sensors as it appears that there is little clearance and my fingers aren't that small. Thanks for your help!

jack14r
06-23-2011, 11:46 PM
When I put the receiver in the steering bay it would not receive all wheel locations even with a repeater,I then installed mine on the wall left of the brake pedal,there is a hole that you can chase the wires through just above where I installed it and at the bottom of the dash.I purchased a 12 volt converter from Pressure Pro and installed the repeater behind the bed.It is really a great unit,the Silverleaf instructions for their setup of the Detroit Diesel and Allison suck,I called them and told them about their mistakes and they could care less.

truk4u
06-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Rick,

Pressure Pro sells a tool for mounting the sensors, but it's nothing more than a piece of plumbing PVC. Just go to the Depot and get a piece of 3/4 PVC and a coupling and you just made your tool.

phorner
06-24-2011, 09:42 AM
My Pressure Pro receiver is attached to my driver side window with their suction cup mount. Still allows me to open my sliding window enough to deal with tolls. When I'm parked for a while, I can simply unplug it and store it until I'm ready to use it again. I hard-wired it to the 12 volt source for the cigarette lighter.

My repeater is installed in a cabinet in the bedroom. It's located in the center of the rear cap, above the headboard of the (north/south) bed. There is an existing CD/FM radio in the cabinet and I used the 12 volt feed as a source for the repeater. So far, it has worked flawlessly in this position.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
My repeater is plugged into electrical and mounted under the bed.

I also had the External Antenna mounted just in front of the drive axle hanging down.

Finally had the GREEN Light Lit on the Doran computer as we came back from Buckhorn this weekend. :)

Gary

rahangman
06-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Paul, when speaking of working "Flawlessly" do you get much "action".....In that do you wind up checking air more often ? and if so, is it that accurate. I find only one of my tires seems to "small leak down" maybe 4-8 lbs over a couple weeks, but, as I check before trips and during I just add the air. Since it doesn't always leak down I have held off having tire pulled and remounted to try to stop it. Minor inconvenience as knowing about it , keeps me alert to doing the check...

phorner
06-28-2011, 08:12 AM
I do tend to check my pressures more often, since it's only a click to do so.

I also go through the process of removing each sensor, one at a time, to check pressures the old fashioned way before the start of a trip. This assures me of the accuracy of the Pressure Pro readings and gives me peace of mind before starting out.

I then use the TPMS to monitor pressures as I drive and to (hopefully!) alert me in the event of substantial pressure loss. I have only had one alert since installing the system and that was due to the pressure dropping just enough as the temperature dropped over night.

Also, I look more for trends than actual PSI. If all the pressures are increasing or decreasing slightly, but uniformly, I don't get too excited.

For me, the primary benefit is an alarm should something dramatic start to happen while I'm under way and would otherwise have no idea that something bad was about to happen.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
06-28-2011, 10:56 AM
I think another very important fact about having a TPMS system on all tires, including the toad which is monitoring the situation, is HOW MANY of us have pulled our toad with one or more tires flat and didn't notice till the next stop? NOT A GOOD THING BY THE WAY.... !@

NO, TPMS systems which every one you use, may not be perfect, but when working they are much better than the alternative, which would be just guessing if all your tires are inflated properly while running down the road, after you have checked them manually.

I like the small green light on my Doran when I am running down the highway, which means all tires are inflated properly for the moment.

Gary S.

Freddie Smith
06-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Rodger, how you enjoying the 1990? I have a 1990 Liberty XL and really like the unit. New to POG but hope to be at some the rallies; perhaps can see your vintage coach in the future.

Freddie & Vera Smith
Waycross, Ga.
Vintage 1990 Liberty XL
2002 Grand Cherokee Overland