PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a dumn question but here goes. A/C not working,,,, Must have high idle on ?????

antioch01
06-19-2011, 04:46 PM
OK, this is probably a dumn question, but here goes.
91 Prevost Liberty,
My issue now is the over the road bus air would not come on. At least I thought that was true. But today I happened to have the high idle on and tried the A/C and it came on. Now I am trying to remember if it was at regular idle when I tried it a couple of months ago and it did not come on.
Is it possible that the voltage was not high enough at regular idle or is there an interlock that prevents starting the system at regular idle ?

Anyone with any insight on this issue would be appreciated.
Thanks
Robert

jack14r
06-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't know about your coach,but I had a regulator failure and the OTR quit immediately,I suspect that low voltage would be a problem with your coach OTR.

Jerry Winchester
06-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Robert,

I had an intermittent issue with the OTR in my '92 and it turns out there is a weak circuit breaker in the OTR control box. I changed it and it worked for a while then started acting up. I did not tighten the nuts on the copper plate between the breakers so it would heat up, quit then work again.

joelselman
06-20-2011, 01:09 PM
My 1999 works on normal or high idle.

antioch01
06-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Robert,

I had an intermittent issue with the OTR in my '92 and it turns out there is a weak circuit breaker in the OTR control box. I changed it and it worked for a while then started acting up. I did not tighten the nuts on the copper plate between the breakers so it would heat up, quit then work again.

Jerry,
Thanks for this info, that is exactly what I found. Replaced relay and working well now. Thank god for the schematic.