PDA

View Full Version : Help pulling wires in a Liberty

johnbrowder
06-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I am installing a Totalvision rearview camera system. This requires a new 14 conductor wire from the dash to rear cap. I initially tried going thru the basement tunes, but they are packed. I spoke to Troy and he said they would use the right side interior wire chase and route the wires up and over the entry door and to the back. Simple enough, right?

Well I cannot figure how to expose the wire chase between the entry door and first side window. On my previous Royale you removed 4 screws and all the interior column/trim came off. I can sort of get to the top of the chase by the forward cruiseaire, and sort of the bottom thru some switch openings. But it it too tight for a large new wire. I think I need to expose it and open it up a bit.

Do any of you liberty owners know how to disassemble this trim? Any other plan if attack?

Thanks in advance!

Jon Wehrenberg
06-18-2011, 01:01 PM
John,

This is a brain dump not influenced by facts or knowledge.

Have you considered fishing it across the ceiling? Pull succeeding ceiling lights down and pull the wire from light to light. Unless we have your specific interior I doubt if any advice any of us provides will be the gospel.

johnbrowder
06-18-2011, 04:48 PM
John,

This is a brain dump not influenced by facts or knowledge.

Have you considered fishing it across the ceiling? Pull succeeding ceiling lights down and pull the wire from light to light. Unless we have your specific interior I doubt if any advice any of us provides will be the gospel.

Jon,
That is one way we did it in our Royale to pull cat 5 from front to back for HDTV. I am attempting the wire trough because I assumed, and still do, think Troy probably knows best. I did manage to get my cabling up the center WS post, behind TV and Cruiseaire, and down the wire chase behind the door ant to the area behind the entry switches. That was a full day's work. I hope from there I will be able to gain several feet at a time through the wiring trough. Fingers crossed.

phorner
06-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Good luck, John.... we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya.

You must want that camera system pretty badly!

Jon Wehrenberg
06-18-2011, 05:19 PM
John,

I sent you a private message

garyde
06-18-2011, 11:28 PM
The Fabric covers between the windows is velcroed on. You just have to find a corner and pry.