PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots

Jamie Bradford
06-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Any ideas removing water spots from stainless? I have been parked next to some sprinklers that use well water . I cannot seem to get the spots completely gone??

Thanks

Jamie

Jon Wehrenberg
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Vinegar. That should disolve the minerals.

Do what Truk does when he parks in a campground. He sticks pails upside down over every sprinkler head.

Reagan Sirmons
06-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Jamie, if you end up with spots that will not come off even with Blue Magic or Busch, order a bottle of European Cut from Tex Brite on Washington Avenue in Houston, Tx. You will enjoy having it with you. Pete Petree put me onto it and it is absolutely great for the stainless and the aluminum wheels.
If you have trouble locating them, I will go to their store and purchase the product for you and send it to you. I am paranoid and love this stuff.
Very best,
Pres

truk4u
06-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Jamie,

I use a spray bottle with 1/3 white vinegar and 2/3 water as Jon suggested. I use buckets if need be, but I happened to watch the master (A-1) under cover of darkness at an east coast FL campground disable the sprinkler system. Shazamm, no more water spots.

garyde
06-17-2011, 12:40 AM
I have seen a sprinkler shield available for RVer's. Camping World may have them.

Jerry Winchester
06-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Gary,

Does it look like a bucket?

Reagan Sirmons
06-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Jdub,
If you cut a bucket in half horizontally and then cut the lower half in half vertically, you would have what they look like.
They are half of the bucket (180 degrees) with a top. The bottom is open. When the water sprays, it hits the sides and top of the container and falls to the ground. If anything, any escaping water will bve sprayed away from the vehicle.
They work like a base ball cap placed over the sprinkler might work except they are heavier.
Pres

phorner
06-17-2011, 04:56 PM
JDUB,

I think the quick answer is "yes" ....

garyde
06-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Gary,

Does it look like a bucket?

Here is What I have seen people use; http://compare.ebay.com/like/250826875485?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar