PDA

View Full Version : 06 XLII Legendary Creston/A/C issues,,Help please

dmnotes
06-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Have owned coach since April and have had no problems until now. Upon arriving at rig today the air conditioners were not working. It was 108 degrees inside and could not get them to come on. I checked all breakers and were ok. When I try to push the A/C button on Creston screen it will not allow to highlight or come on. All other features appear to be working.
I live in Pensacola and we have no Prevost tech's here.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Of course we were wanting to use coach next week for a three week trip up North.
Thank You very much!
DeWayne Musick
850-516-8907

Jerry Winchester
06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
DeWayne,

While I have no Legendary experience, I do know that some converters use pilot operated circuit breakers for the AC, so even with the AC controls set to ON, there is no power to the units. I say this only to point out that when I had remote control issues before, I bought a set of regular circuit breakers and installed them in the box and tricked the AC into operating.

Our Marathon has also has a manual override for the Creston, but that may be particular to that converter.

Good luck.

BoaterAl
06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Does your Audio-video breaker switch (tripped) turn off your Crestron ? Jerry ,I tried calling the number with no response and left a message.

Guess we will have to wait ...till he comes up for air

garyde
06-13-2011, 11:34 PM
My GFI circuit for the front plugs also runs my Crestron screens. If the gfi is tripped, the screens won't work. So, are you saying nothing on the Crestron works? Or just the A/C won't turn on. Also, check shore connection and transfer switch is showing shore connection.

JPHJR
06-14-2011, 12:38 AM
DeWayne:
Must be something in the weather. I had the same problem near South Carolina yesterday. The wonderful team at Millennium stayed with me in constant contact (even on a later Saturday) until we got the unit working. My unit is a 2006 Country Coach, but with a Crestron system nevertheless. Similar to rebooting a computer, which somehow cures the mystery big, we basically ended with that. First, check your generator and be sure that the breakers on it are not tripped. Then check the breakers on the Crestron System outside, perhaps in the entertainment bay, and ensure the A/C Mister switch is not tripped. Then, what worked for me was leaving the coach engine running; then cutting off the main breaker and all other breakers in the entire Multi-Distributuion Panel (to be clear, the MDP on the inside of the coach). This will also kill power to the Crestron. Once you see the power light on the Crestron system go out, wait 10 seconds and turn the Main breaker in the MDP back on. Then work your way down to turning on the AC Breakers. This should effectively ReBoot the Crestron System. I cant guarantee that it will work for you, but it sure did for me. Again, a Big Thanks to Chris and the guys at Millennium - I am only Parroting the steps they had me work through to get operational.
Good Luck!

Jay & Cris
2006 Country Coach XLII 2/S

Sid Tuls
06-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Boy that says alot for the company. I know when the time comes for a new bus I would give them a serious look!! Support on these buses are a big thing. I have had mine for almost 4 years and Rick Thompson still gives me phone support when it's needed. Rick stop building buses 4 years ago but tells you alot about man. Just thought you would like to know. All I hear is good reports from the guys at Millennium.

jack14r
06-14-2011, 05:38 AM
I had this same issue once and on my Liberty I had to reset the Allen Bradley computer.

johnbrowder
06-14-2011, 08:36 AM
I had this same issue once and on my Liberty I had to reset the Allen Bradley computer.

Jack,
I know how to cycle power to my Crestron, but I do not know how to reset the AB computer. Could you please share that procedure with me?
Thanks!

jack14r
06-14-2011, 10:23 AM
In the second bay drivers side there should be the Allen Bradley computer with a key in it(you must have the key)to reboot cycle the key from rem,to program,to run,back to rem.

johnbrowder
06-14-2011, 10:27 AM
THANKS!!! I will put this info in my troubleshooting file.

jack14r
06-14-2011, 03:46 PM
John,I left out a step,from rem,to program,to rem,to run,back to rem.

Mark3101
06-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Reset the Crestron system. Then check to see if you can turn them on. The Crestron will sometimes go goofy and not allow any selections to work. If that doesn't work, try calling Dave Rousey from Styleworks RV Repair. He worked for Legendary and can probably help you figure it out. Dave's # is: 541-543-7893

If Dave doesn't answer, leave a msg. He is very good at calling back.

johnbrowder
06-14-2011, 11:31 PM
OK thanks for the update.

tpr
06-15-2011, 08:36 PM
You can reset the crestron either by shutting down the inverters or go to the bottom of the electrical rack, push on the left side frame of the black material to un latch and you can unplug the crestron system from the socket. Do you have an error message where the cooling fan on message should be? If you hit the heat pump button the switch back to cool the error message should go away