PDA

View Full Version : Might have found one

Sawbonz
06-05-2011, 02:49 PM
We took a tour of Florida this weekend. Looked at two dealers and two coaches for sale by owner. Several we could live with, and one we really liked.

That one I thought about posting on here, asking if you all knew anything specific about the coach other than what the salesman says (hint), but don't want to drum up competition for no reason. Is it worth asking?

Tomorrow they are supposed to hose me, I mean tell me what a broker says my current under-water plastic rig is worth. That should be interesting.

Seabyrd
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Good luck ... I hope you can make a deal you will be happy with.. we still have our plastic coach for sale !! One year later that is !!

Happy shopping... NOTHING like a Prevost !!

Mark3101
06-05-2011, 08:22 PM
it won't hurt to ask here if anyone knows anything about the specifics of a certain coach. Maybe someone does and can save you some money or grief! Go ahead, ask away!

Jon Wehrenberg
06-06-2011, 06:30 AM
I would hope nobody would jump in ahead of you to buy a coach you are looking at just because you posted here on POG. I cannot believe the market has changed so drmatically that buyers are lining up to buy coaches.

In the past when folks have posted about a bus they were looking at POG members have provided a lot of very good advice and information. I remember one instance where an unrevealed accident history was brought to the buyer's attention.

Sawbonz
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
OK, Jon, you've convinced me! And you will probably like our choice.

We looked at #5168 at Liberty. It is a 2004 XLII. I was pretty sure we would want newer, and an H, but the build quality on this is terrific and the floorplan works for us. So a kid has to sleep on the floor.......

I'll look forward to anything you all know.

As to our trade, Seabyrd is the reason I am going to have to take the beating to do this. That, and the guy with two Prevosts in his garage that we looked at. Have any of you heard what they are buying coaches for? Salesman says 65-70 of WHOLESALE, and Lazy Days recently told me 80%.

gershwin
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
OK, Jon, you've convinced me! And you will probably like our choice.

We looked at #5168 at Liberty. It is a 2004 XLII. I was pretty sure we would want newer, and an H, but the build quality on this is terrific and the floorplan works for us. So a kid has to sleep on the floor.......

I'll look forward to anything you all know.

As to our trade, Seabyrd is the reason I am going to have to take the beating to do this. That, and the guy with two Prevosts in his garage that we looked at. Have any of you heard what they are buying coaches for? Salesman says 65-70 of WHOLESALE, and Lazy Days recently told me 80%.

#5168 is a great looking coach.

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/listing/2007-Monaco-dynasty-king-98668731
I have no idea what wholesale is on a 2007 Monaco. $150k? Not like there is a NADA market guide. Maybe a Monaco forum can shed some light.

Denny
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
I cannot believe the market has changed so drmatically that buyers are lining up to buy coaches.

Jon,

Are you saying the market is becoming a sellers market? If so, that would be great for us owners as values will be creeping upwards due to the demand.

GDeen
06-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Honestly don't think you will have any problems with a POG'r poaching your deal. Well worth the additional info and data as a risk offset to the low probability of that happening....

Sawbonz
06-06-2011, 01:36 PM
#5168 is a great looking coach.

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/listing/2007-Monaco-dynasty-king-98668731
I have no idea what wholesale is on a 2007 Monaco. $150k? Not like there is a NADA market guide. Maybe a Monaco forum can shed some light.
Actually, there is! http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs

Jon Wehrenberg
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I cannot believe the market has changed so drmatically that buyers are lining up to buy coaches.

Jon,

Are you saying the market is becoming a sellers market? If so, that would be great for us owners as values will be creeping upwards due to the demand.

Denny,

I was questioning the post that seemed to indicate if the coach in question was mentioned on the forum someone would race right to it and buy it. I don't think we are there yet.

Even if the market were to shift tomorrow I suspect rather than our coaches appreciating I suspect the depreciation we have all suffered will come to a halt for a while. I would like to see my coach appreciate as would anyone else but as long as new ones are made every day I seriously doubt their value will increase. Having said that I am aware of some real steals that have taken place because the previous owners were dumping their coaches or banks were selling a repossession. Those purchases were made below the already depressed market so those might represent cases where the seller can realize a gain.

Sawbonz
06-06-2011, 02:13 PM
FYI, we have a verbal agreement.

Sid Tuls
06-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey Karl, great looking coach!! I looked it up online/my favorite pastime!! The great part of this deal is that it's a consignment. Liberty doesn't need to get what they paid out of it. You hold the wining hand on this deal thats forsure. One more thing why do you need to keep it out of Florida for 6 months? If it's that Montana B.S. watch out states are getting tough on that phoney stuff. Highway Patrol made a believer out of me!! You also give me a call if ya want 559-901-6426 Have fun with making your deal !!!! Then the fun begins------Driving that BUS

Sawbonz
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks Sid!

I read on here before about how some people don't trust it, but we already have a several corporations, and the statutes are clear. I will be sure to comply with them in detail.

How do you know it is a consignment? I think we did pretty good on it. It is still a premium price, but I really think a premium coach. One thing I liked is that the model year is the same as the chassis year! It seems so simple, but the games of 2-3 years difference are scary. THANKS to whomever taught me how to look at the VIN!!!

garyde
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
The #5168 is close to my 2003 Coach in many ways. I see the louvered doors are on the back, I'm not sure if those were original to the coach. I usually see those on 2006 and newer coaches. http://www.libertycoach.com/collection/newused/usedcoaches/2004LibertyElegantLadyDouble-Slide45XLII_5168.asp
Make sure to check all Batteries and tires for ageing. If they are on their 4th or 5th year, I would negotiate for all new before purchasing.

One other thing, since it is a consignment, Liberty may not have done its 110 point inspection like they would do on a coach the own and sale. So, i would ask them to throw that inspection into the purchase price. That way you'll know its been fullly inspected.

jack14r
06-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Karl,Liberty's used coaches that are trade in coaches against a new one are numbered the same as a new coach with an A after the number,ie if you bought coach 734 and traded your coach,your old coach on their lot would be 734A,the next trade would be 734B.If they purchase a coach it will be in the 7000 series of numbers.If it is a consignment it will be in the 5000 series of numbers.You are right it is IMPORTANT to understand the vin numbers.There is a 2003 chasis in south Florida for sale that is titled as a 2007,buyer beware!!!

Sawbonz
06-07-2011, 08:36 AM
They are supposed to do batteries and tires (fluids and belts too) AND make it "like new". That is a pretty good incentive in my book!

Sawbonz
06-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Karl,Liberty's used coaches that are trade in coaches against a new one are numbered the same as a new coach with an A after the number,ie if you bought coach 734 and traded your coach,your old coach on their lot would be 734A,the next trade would be 734B.If they purchase a coach it will be in the 7000 series of numbers.If it is a consignment it will be in the 5000 series of numbers.You are right it is IMPORTANT to understand the vin numbers.There is a 2003 chasis in south Florida for sale that is titled as a 2007,buyer beware!!!

So, does that mean the coaches get new numbers if they trade multiple times?

gershwin
06-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Funny you mentinoed that - I saw that coach (Featherlite) last year at Liberty and it has been for sale for some time but I think it might have sold through rvonline.com. Why did that coach sit so long before it was sold? What's the backstory?

jack14r
06-07-2011, 09:25 AM
The actual coach number never changes,just that the coach gets a number for Liberty to track on their used/consignment lot.I just looked at that 2007 and it has been sold(did someone get hosed?)

Jon Wehrenberg
06-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I believe the chassis build date can vary from the title or registration date by 4 years. That is a guess.

A lot of buyers are not POG members and a lot of buyers are unaware of a lot of the nuances of coach buying. There can be some interesting moments when a buyer of a coach registered 4 years newer than the chassis has to provide the VIN when buying parts from Prevost and the parts guy describes it as 4 years older than what the owner thinks.

gershwin
06-10-2011, 11:01 AM
So, does that mean the coaches get new numbers if they trade multiple times?

You have a PM.