PDA

View Full Version : Kerrville, Home of Mooney Aircraft

ken&ellen
11-14-2006, 07:20 AM
There is a God! POG rally .....factory tours! It doesn't get any better than that.:cool: Ken

Jon Wehrenberg
11-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Di and I toured the Mooney factory a few years ago. Very interesting and it will certainly impress the pilots.

What was astounding was the almost total lack of sophistication in the manufacturing process, but the finished product is first class quality.

lewpopp
11-14-2006, 08:47 AM
I knew all along there was an (ulterior motive) reason why the POG 3 was to be held in Kerrville.

FLYBOYS EVERYWHERE !!!

What's a landlubber to do when you guys are getting turned on with the Mooney factory? Guess I'll fondle my Ace heardware.

"INTO THE AIR JUNIOR BIRDMEN"

Love

Lew

truk4u
11-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Can't wait for Kerrville, the Mooney plant will be a must even though the vertical stabilizer is on backwords. Ken will be sure to get wood!:D

K&E - could we possibly get Lew in an M20 without a shoe horn?:rolleyes:

win42
11-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Ken: You and jim are going to work on a group factory tour of the Mooney Plant aren't you? Remember the guy with the idea has to follow through.

At this point someone better explain what a mooney is for Lew. Not being aeronautical, he might think it has to do with dropping your drawers and bending at the waist.

Ray Davis
11-14-2006, 11:47 AM
In the Datastorm rally in Kerrville they had 1 afternoon free, and one of the things they arranged was factory tours. If I remember correctly, Mooney wants about groups of 10 or so. The DS people came up with 2 groups that afternoon.

It was one of the things we talked about for POG3 in our first planning meeting.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-14-2006, 05:02 PM
There is no doubt we can get the Lewster in a Mooney. We might not be able to get him back up and out, but we will get him in.