PDA

View Full Version : Manual Storage

dreadnought
11-13-2006, 06:34 PM
There must be 50 pounds of owners and parts manuals that came with the bus. Everthing from big 6" deep parts notebooks to the manual on the radar detector. They fill up most of the cabinets and drawers in the salon along with umpteen remotes that aren't used if you have Crestron, (or something like it.) I don't dare leave them at home cause you might need them on the road, so it would nice to have a way to store them in a luggage bay.
Something like a 2 drawer filing cabinet where they all could be neat and organised. Problem is, the filing cabinet is too tall. What do the rest of yall do with this stuff?

win42
11-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Dread: If your serious about the remotes, a friend of mine just bought a new Monaco and was given the same number of remotes, but they programed them all into one. There are genius' on the forum that can get yours done if your factory will not. P.S. i'm not one of them.

MangoMike
11-13-2006, 08:36 PM
A new Monaco - Ohhhhhhh. He could have bought a nice 45' Liberty (with new rub rails) at a fraction of the cost.

Some guys never learn. ;)

MM

Jon Wehrenberg
11-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Each coach will have its storage places, but I keep my house and owners manuals upstairs in one of the cabinets above the bed. The shop manual and parts manuals I keep in one of the drawers in the first bay because I am likely to use those outside.

On my other coach the sofa converted into a bed and I kept all the manuals in the space under the sofa.

You do need them with you.

Jerry Winchester
11-13-2006, 09:21 PM
I scanned mine into pdf files and keep them on a USB drive in the coach.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/USB_flash_drive.jpg

Next to my spare LED's that I will never need but carry just to annoy A1.

Just Plain Jeff
11-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Our coach has Automatic Storage:

http://www.digibarn.com/collections/systems/crays/cray-q2/craq2-newpicture.jpg

A feature not available on the Fancy-Dancy Liberty buses.

So there.

win42
11-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Mango: Your right, I tried to pursuade him, but the wife and four slides made the call. It is nice, but what $400G's could have bought in a Prevost, oh well!

truk4u
11-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Under the bed on the Marathon, tons of storage and no concern about the weight.

MangoMike
11-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Under the bed on the Marathon, tons of storage and no concern about the weight.

Sounds good Tom, But where the hell do the kids sleep?

MeanMango