PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu POG "Micro-rally"

michaeldterry
05-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Yesterday evening while checking e-mail, I got a notification that I had a new PM on POG. I checked it and found it was from Curtis (CCMH) of "Curtis & Christine" fame. It seems that Curtis had ended up in his bus at Paradise Valley, a resort in Dawsonville, GA that Vita and I are members of. As soon as the people there saw his Prevost, they started saying, "you need to meet Michael & Vita Terry. They have a bus just like yours and bring it here all the time!" So Curtis PM's me with his phone number and suggests we get our asses up there for an impromptu POG get together. Mind you, this was at 6:30PM last night, Vita is on call all weekend and tied to her computer and phone, the bus is at the storage lot, and Paradise Valley is 60 miles away from our house.

Unable to resist the opportunity to meet up with a fellow POG member, I employed my superior powers of persuasion and talked Vita into going to get Evangeline and heading out to Prardise Valley to meet Curtis (unfortunately, Christine had to fly to Seattle on business, so it's just Curtis and the bus). We arrived at Paradise Valley at about 9:45PM got settled in our regular RV slot, and called Curtis to let him know we'd arrived. A few minutes later, we hear a knock on the bus door and there's Curtis! We had a delightful visit talking about buses, the music business (we're both music business veterans), and life in general!

Today is reserved for lounging around the pool naked (did I mention that Paradise Valley is a clothing optional resort?), drinking cold beer, and talking buses and life experiences. Thank God for WiFi hotspots that are battery powered! The only way I was able to convince Vita to humor me and make the trip is by promising her that the WiFi Hotspot would last on battery power by the pool for at least 4 hours!

We've got to get up early in the morning to head home because it's our youngest grandson's 2nd birthday and of course, Grandma & Grandpa are hosting the party at our house and we've got a million things to do to prepare. Nonetheless, I'm so glad that we got the opportunity and were able to meet up with Curtis this weekend! Now we just have to convince him to linger in the area a few more days so we can meet Christine when she returns from Seattle on Monday! :rolleyes:

The moral of this story? You never know where on earth you're going to run into another bus nut and/or POG member!

TG Transport
05-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Dang. Sarah and I decided to take the bus downtown in Atlanta last night and eat dinner. We are parked at the Dome Marshalling Lot (which I highly recommend for anyone coming downtown). I will see if she is up for coming to Dawsonville for the evening tonight - although the clothes optional image might not help.

michaeldterry
05-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Dang. Sarah and I decided to take the bus downtown in Atlanta last night and eat dinner. We are parked at the Dome Marshalling Lot (which I highly recommend for anyone coming downtown). I will see if she is up for coming to Dawsonville for the evening tonight - although the clothes optional image might not help.

Do come on up! We'll do dinner and dancing at the club tonight! Call me when you're on your way and we'll meet you at the gate to let you in! The address for your GPS is 49 Valley Drive, Dawsonville, GA. My cell phone is (678) 485-9710. Curtis was a touring musician (guitarist and singer) for 30 years. We'll have lot's to talk about!