PDA

View Full Version : The Masters!

JPHJR
05-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Hello all from Oxford, MS. We are new to the Prevost family and the POG forum - excited about both. I am planing on taking my young daughter and a couple of friends to see the Par 3 Tournament at The Masters in Augusta next spring. While I am familiar with Heritage RV Park, I am wondering if anyone has any insight or recommendations of a closer place to park our rig during that week. It seems I recall seeing some Prevosts and other big rigs parked on lots, houses, etc (presumably for the tour players), but just trying to figure out how to reach them and get a number, address, etc. Any recommendations would certainly be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jay
2006 Country Coach
2008 Saturn Vue

Jim Skiff
05-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Jay,

Welcome aboard! I think a great contact would be Wil Garner (http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/member.php?46-Will-Garner) who works with the PGA on some tournaments and should have some insight on that venue;area.

Jim

JPHJR
05-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Jim:

Thanks so much.

Jay

Will Garner
05-21-2011, 05:07 AM
Jay,

I've got to get Skiffer educated on golf organizations. I do work on the Men's U. S. Open Golf Championship, that would be the USGA. As far as I know the Men's U. S. Open has never been played at Augusta and probably never will be played there. In fact I'm not even sure The Masters is a PGA event.

Now if you want to go to the Open this year at Congressional Country Club, Potomac Maryland, the best RV accommodation is likely Cherry Hill RV Park. It is a County run facility near College Park Maryland. Think University of Maryland vicinity. I had Lot 402 and canceled out yesterday. I'm either flying or driving a car until that magical $0.55 reduction in fuel prices happens before Memorial Day holiday! As they frequently say in Maryland, "Yeah Right!"

Sorry I could not be of more help in answering your question. Welcome to POG and happy trails to you.