PDA

View Full Version : I saw this coach online....

Sawbonz
05-01-2011, 05:01 PM
And really like it from the pictures. I have emailed for more info, but wonder if any of you have thoughts on it generally, or even if you know anything of this coach in particular.

2005 Marathon Coach (http://www.prevost-stuff.com/2005PrevostMarathonCALCOACH.htm)

Thanks.

garyde
05-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I remember someone else has looked at this and possibly made an offer.

Coloradobus
05-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Sawbonz,

This Marathon coach 888. It is a spectacular coach. The paint scheme we think is great and the interrior is Us. I had told Phil Cornelius at Marathon back in June 2004 when this coach was being PDI for delivery to the new owner, that we would love to own it when it sold. Unfortunately, he came up for sale a year later, and has been for sale off and on since but now the price is more realistic.

Sawbonz
05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
I just got off of the phone with Steve at California Coach. This one has been for sale by Marathon for 2 1/2 years. They only have it listed on one site and have had several calls on it including a buyer from Mississippi with a deposit and a backup full price buyer.

Looks great on film, and the price is right, which is why they are getting the interest they are. Maybe this will become the benchmark for bus sales this summer.

gershwin
05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
I just got off of the phone with Steve at California Coach. This one has been for sale by Marathon for 2 1/2 years. They only have it listed on one site and have had several calls on it including a buyer from Mississippi with a deposit and a backup full price buyer.

Looks great on film, and the price is right, which is why they are getting the interest they are. Maybe this will become the benchmark for bus sales this summer.

Yes I was one of those callers. From the time I called him on a Friday and spoke w/ him again on a Monday it was gone. I had no idea it was going to go that fast as I had been watching that coach for 2 years and waiting for it to get to the right price of which Steve finally had it priced.

Sawbonz
05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Yes I was one of those callers. From the time I called him on a Friday and spoke w/ him again on a Monday it was gone. I had no idea it was going to go that fast as I had been watching that coach for 2 years and waiting for it to get to the right price of which Steve finally had it priced.

Wow, I didn't realize I had to be lurking, ready to pounce! ;)

Too bad for me. That coach just kind of spoke to us. I figured we would be able to get one rather quickly, but it really looks like this is going to be an ordeal...

travelite
05-17-2011, 02:39 PM
I had my eye on that one too. Seems this is an example of an interior style that has wide appeal. Converters should build more like this one. :)

gershwin
05-18-2011, 08:20 AM
I had my eye on that one too. Seems this is an example of an interior style that has wide appeal. Converters should build more like this one. :)

Yes, but I don't think that was the only appeal. Curious what drew others to it and if the bunks - were part of that equation?

For me I liked:
Dark subtle changes in exteior color - not to busy, muted and bold
Wood veneer interior what I have previously called an "organic" feel
non-clutered feel
Bunks!
Sweet "mondo" propane grill
booth and twin sofas (I never have understood the $200 "euro recliner" converters put in to coaches.

As you said, it was spot on - hence the reason it is the first coach in a very long time that as soon as it was listed on prevost-stuff it was snatched up. Sellers/dealers - take note.

Sawbonz
05-28-2011, 10:44 AM
I agree with all of those points, gershwin. Personally, I thought bunks would be a turn off for most because buyers tend to be older, but lesson learned.

It was snatched up from that listing, but on sale for two years prior by Marathon. Makes me wonder what else is sitting out there.

Just this morning I sent an email to the sales rep at Marathon Florida. I haven't heard from him in months, since our last visit. Drove through the lot last night and noticed several new faces.... Not your typical sales person, I guess.

gershwin
06-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree with all of those points, gershwin. Personally, I thought bunks would be a turn off for most because buyers tend to be older, but lesson learned.

It was snatched up from that listing, but on sale for two years prior by Marathon. Makes me wonder what else is sitting out there.

Just this morning I sent an email to the sales rep at Marathon Florida. I haven't heard from him in months, since our last visit. Drove through the lot last night and noticed several new faces.... Not your typical sales person, I guess.

Something is going on w/ them - maybe others can chime in. I've heard some "stuff" from others - not sure I should share. But will say that my experience is they don't follow up, haven't been the least bit accommodating when dealing w/ their consigned inventory. Just don't appear receiptive.

Jon Wehrenberg
06-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I am not in a position to defend people who are in the business of selling coaches, but I am in the process of selling a plane so I can sympathize with them.

There is more BS being spread by potential buyers than I can shake a stick at. I have had people claim the purchase will be a cash transaction and have me jump through all the hoops pulling the paperwork together and then they disappear. I find out later they not only did not have the cash, they could not get financing. I have had buyers accept the price subject to a review of the books and a test flight, only to have them decide after they get to Knoxville they decided they want to pay less than we agreed. One clown had a plane he needed to trade, I finally agreed to accept and the deal fell through because he owed more than it was worth and couldn't make the deal work financially. In all conversations it was free and clear.

If I had to put up with that to make a living I would just slit my wrists.

Sawbonz
06-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Something is going on w/ them - maybe others can chime in. I've heard some "stuff" from others - not sure I should share. But will say that my experience is they don't follow up, haven't been the least bit accommodating when dealing w/ their consigned inventory. Just don't appear receiptive.

Something IS going on. That salesman is gone, as I found out on a visit this Friday. Pickings are slim on the lot.

phorner
06-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Sawbonz,

We purchased our Liberty from Marathon Coach in San Antonio, Florida. Knowing now what I should have known back then, I would be reluctant to make another purchase there.

When I brought up my concerns to the salesman after we had taken delivery, admittedly some time later, he said he would "get back to corporate" and let me know of their response.

Never heard another word.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send a PM.

Sawbonz
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Sawbonz,

We purchased our Liberty from Marathon Coach in San Antonio, Florida. Knowing now what I should have known back then, I would be reluctant to make another purchase there.

When I brought up my concerns to the salesman after we had taken delivery, admittedly some time later, he said he would "get back to corporate" and let me know of their response.

Never heard another word.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send a PM.

When did this happen?

That is not the dealer we are working with, but it would be hard to count out a dealer if they had the rig you like. It just isn't that easy to find 10-20 in one spot like with the plastics.

gershwin
06-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I am not in a position to defend people who are in the business of selling coaches, but I am in the process of selling a plane so I can sympathize with them.

There is more BS being spread by potential buyers than I can shake a stick at. I have had people claim the purchase will be a cash transaction and have me jump through all the hoops pulling the paperwork together and then they disappear. I find out later they not only did not have the cash, they could not get financing. I have had buyers accept the price subject to a review of the books and a test flight, only to have them decide after they get to Knoxville they decided they want to pay less than we agreed. One clown had a plane he needed to trade, I finally agreed to accept and the deal fell through because he owed more than it was worth and couldn't make the deal work financially. In all conversations it was free and clear.

If I had to put up with that to make a living I would just slit my wrists.

I feel your pain. This happened to mine while it was for sale. Not by a prospect but it did resolve the divesture.

I've got a guy up here that may be able to help you move it if interested PM me.

Sawbonz
06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
I feel your pain. This happened to mine while it was for sale. Not by a prospect but it did resolve the divesture.

I've got a guy up here that may be able to help you move it if interested PM me.

Now, how do you tear up the BACK of the wing????

Jon Wehrenberg
06-06-2011, 02:01 PM
If it was a Cessna it would be a bird strike.

I'm guessing a piece of ground equipment such as a tug or fueling truck did the deed.

Sawbonz
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Hmmm, maybe something that fancy goes in reverse. My Cherokee Six was forward only, as I recall. Of course it's been almost 7 years....

JIM CHALOUPKA
06-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Could be tornado damage?

JIM

gershwin
06-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Its a Lear 35a - some fool left his throttle open on start up or something to that effect and ran into it. Talk about an OH SH** moment. Good thing - no one was hurt. It was a total.

rahangman
06-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Sheessh, talk about the old days.....C-47 or DC-3 as you civilians may know it, could change out either wing in its entirety. Watched em do a bunch of them at Eglin AFB back in the 'Day...making them into AC-47 the Spooky Gunship of yore