PDA

View Full Version : OVER THE ROAD AC ALARM

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Have had no prior alarms prior to this one which occurred this AM just after leaving the campground.

This alarm is a lit up image of a compressor and is located under the Heat/AC rocker switch.

The alarm is, I believe a general alarm that could be any number of things. The thing being, IT IS RAINING and I WANT IT NOW :D

Any ideas where to focus an investigation are welcome.

The squirrel cage fans mid starboard do not run.

JIM:(

Jon Wehrenberg
05-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Jim,

That alarm usually indicates high pressure due to the condenser fan not functioning.

You can verify that by having Barb hit the AC switch while you are outside next to the condenser.

If in fact that is the case there are solenoid in the white plastic box to check and there is a circuit breaker for the condenser and evaporator fans. I'm not at the bus but I think the circuit breakers might be in a box mounted to the ceiling of the first bay. I have had two of those breakers get weak and fail You can usually reset them, but they eventually trip again. The solenoids are prone to fail over time as well.

All of this assumes you have the right amount of freon in the system.

JIM CHALOUPKA
05-01-2011, 04:00 PM
OK thanks, I'll check it out.

I carry the solenoids, but not the breakers. Hope I get one reset before I get some CB's from Prevo.

JIM :o

Jon Wehrenberg
05-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Jim, Forgot to mention just use your tester to verify power is where it needs to be. It will not take long to determine where the open circuit is. But remember I'm assuming it is the CB or solenoid.