PDA

View Full Version : Royale Questions

truk4u
05-01-2011, 08:26 AM
OK you Royale Owners, here goes the questions for this Monaco Noob:

1. Did they make an owners manual that explains what all the buttons, valves and systems are and location.

2. I assume I have 220 fuel, 160 main and 60 aux

Aqua-Hot - I understand the button on the dash turns on the diesel fired side of the Aqua-Hot and the other dash button is for engine pre-heat with the Aqua-Hot. I also found the 120V Aqua-Hot switch under the sink. I understand all that, but there should be a Control Panel somewhere that monitors the system and shows proper operation of the various heating loops. Any idea of location?

3. There is no method to monitor the house 12 volts and amps except via the Inverter Remotes.

4. Do all Royale's have the pvc A/C condensation lines laying on the roof and tied into the drains in the bus?

5. What's the easiest access point to the squirrel cage fan and filter for the generator.

6. Where are the inverter cut-off switches to isolate the inverters and batteries?

7. How does the Gen battery in the engine compartment get charged? Maybe only when the gen is running?

One thing for sure, the engine driven A/C dash air with the second unit above had MsTruk with a blanket on yesterday in 85 degree heat running up the supper slab. I don't need no stinking OTR. Or at least not until we're in AZ in August!:p

Coloradobus
05-01-2011, 10:01 AM
TRuk,,, Give Dan Jourdan a call at Royale Phoenix...He told me that after what Monaco did to Beaver Coach 10 years ago by destroying all Beaver Bus info, He and his teamed scanned, copied, and saved as much Royale info as they could. He told me they have info on all but 3 busses Royale made.

Jerry Winchester
05-01-2011, 11:20 AM
From my Royale days;

Gen battery charged when the gen was running
Only three switches for the AquaHot - on 12 v, on 120 ( under sink) and the engine heat.
All electric info except the voltage in was on the inverter remote, so you set amps in, amps to charge, etc. A newer one may be smarter

ajducote
05-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Tom,

Don't now about ALL Royals, but ours has drain lines for the roof top A/C's.

Battery disconnect for the inverters is in the bay with the batteries and inverters.

But,a 40 foot is laid out a little different then a 45 foot.

Is your Fan for the gen radiator in the same bay as the House batteries?

Glad to here your dash air works. We really like ours, it does a very good job. One note of caution, if you have it set on the coldest temp setting and the fan is running at a slow speed, it will freeze up. Turn the temp up a little or run the fan faster.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
05-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Tom, I just got on forum now. Will get Ed out of our bus in few moments and get him to answer, hopefully, most of your questions
Sandy

Alek&Lucia
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Hello Tom,

Our H3 Royale is a totally deferent animal then XL.
I would recommend to call:

1. Ed or Sandy ( btw: you have 2 years bumper to bumper warranty from them, correct ? ;)
2. Call: Royale Phoenix 574-206-1216, they know everything about Royales, better than factory support

Alek

Larry W
05-01-2011, 11:36 PM
My Royale has a small (1.5 amp) maintaining charger on the Gen set battery to keep the battery up using 120 volt AC. My Royale has the gen set gauges on a panel over the drivers window which includes two gauges for the house batteries. One is a volt meter and one a amp meter. I keep one of the inverter panels in the gauge mode set to actual battery voltage which gives a temp corrected voltage reading.
My Royale has a pro-air evaporater added to the dash air system. The second evaporatrer is located next to the front TV. The switch is an umarked switch located next to the fresh air knob on the lower dash. It only controls the fan speed the temp is controled with the dash air control. The build sheeet state the proair in under the couch. I looked for a while to find it. Works great.
I do have a Royale owners manual that gives some info plus some info sheets about some operations. Not the best of manuals but if you want to contact me will see if any would shed some light.

truk4u
05-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks guys...