PDA

View Full Version : Lot Rot II

Jon Wehrenberg
04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Mark--- 2001 liberty with 98k miles Just received word from the dealer, they asked DD for any repaires tickets and they have non, I was told that the engine is in good shape per the salemen. John ---thanks I never thought of the seal or rust in the engine form sitting. I wanted to takes it to DD so they can get the codes on the engine and trans not to see if any repaire ticket was every issused. It sat for 18 month, per the sell man, they priced it to hight and they lower it to 399. Its been sitting here in the hot florida sun. I realy like it but I am finding some issue with this coach. I told them that its 10 years old and the air bages and valve have to be changed and they told me thay will go over averything and the coach will leave here is A1 shape. But if the air bage and vlve are ok they will not change them. I do not want to be on the side of the road and my wife asking me what did i do. "

For some reason the thread got closed. My guess is someone got upset.

But at $399,000 for a 10 year old coach it not such a good deal to assume the potential risk. I have never commented in such a manner on price, but given the first post on the original thread all sorts of bells and whistles went off, and when the last post listed the price, a quick spin around the internet showed the price to be nowhere near enough of a deal to mitigate the risk.

And yes the air bags and Norgrens are used up at ten years even with steady use. So are the brake chambers. And maybe batteries, tires, etc.

george frudakis
04-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Thank again John i know now that what is going though my head is right. I look at my thread and it had a lock on it. I call to find out what i did wrong and was told not a thing.

jack14r
04-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Just for comparison MrOliver.com has a 2001 Liberty that has been priced at 239 on Ebay a few weeks ago.

george frudakis
04-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the info on MrOLiver coach. I going to let this one go and continue to look for the right one. Have delt with company, big and small brokers, and all they want is to get you into their coach at any cost and see the tail light go dim as you go over the horizon. Thanks again for the comments.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
George, As you have figured out you have to assume responsibility to verify everything about a coach you are purchasing. What is hard is for someone that has no Prevost experience doesn't know what they don't know. I recommend strongly to folks to ask questions of POG members especially those of us that have graduated from the Prevost School of Hard Knocks. The trouble with experience is we all get it just after we need it.

george frudakis
04-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I will be asking any and all question to help me find my coach. Again thanks you all for the help. I have read many thread and have learn alot, that is why i did not buy the 1997 or 2001 liberty i was looking at regaurdless of who was sell them even if it was our sponcers.