PDA

View Full Version : ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Gary Carmichael
04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Well it's been a year and one month since we took delivery of our 2005 Liberty H3-45, we have driven 20,000 miles with out any major problems and am thankful for that. We are planning on another year of travel and our current plans are Maine, PEI, maybe New Mexico and then take our time to Fla. As the owner of three plastic coach's I must say I did not realize the difference untill I drove a Prevost. They ride and drive so good, we both drive and almost every day we talk about how we love this coach!. The only thing is Prevost are made to be driven, and a lot of people do not do this seems as though they just make that one trip a year to Florida and that's it. Looking at the coaches for sale they are are low mileage, We had boats before in another life, and if you didn't use it you had a lot of problems, I think it's the same with our buses. Hope to see all at POG 10. Gary

BoaterAl
04-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Gary, good post and it reminded me that our bus will have a one year ownership May 3ad, 2011. We haven't put on 20,000 miles but not far behind with 15,000 after we return from the Marathon rally in a couple of weeks. Agree with you on the sweet ride, no wind noise, and the rattles traced most often to dishes, pots and pans and the adult beverage bottles.
Currently in Tucumcari NM and parked for the night. Wind is total out of control here in NM I-40 even with this 50,000 LB bus after 6 hours is enough. Diesel price FYI around 4.04 cash, saw a couple post at $3.99 yesterday.
As for our past life with a boat, Mary Ellen put the pencil to a refuel on our last boat with 600 total gals. And the premium they always add would probably be close to $5.00 gal. I can remember many years ago one could apply for refund on boat fuel as non road use, but that loop-hole was closed.