PDA

View Full Version : PT Generator Shut Down

Clipster
04-19-2011, 05:19 PM
This seems to be a similar problem to the one that Richard Barnes had. Generator will start but immediately shuts down, as if it is getting a "no go" signal. No problems until we changed the chassis batteries. Crestron indicates a "generator error". Light on breaker panel "generator start/stop" flashing red. This light references a 3 amp fuse. Where is this fuse? If you reset the flashing red light, it flashes green for about 10 seconds but then returns to flashing red. I think this has to be a blown fuse resulting from the battery change out, but I haven't found a fuse block relating to the generator operation. I am very new at this! Thanks for your help.

Fuel tank full. Auto start is off at the Trace panels.

Clip Coates
Huntsville, Alabama
2006 Legendary XLII D/S
2011 Chevy HHR

truk4u
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Clip,

Add a signature line to your posts with year and converter so folks with the same setup can try to help.

Also, welcome aboard, it looks like your first post and you came to the right place. You might even get correct answers!:p

rfoster
04-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Check the antifreeze/coolant level in the Generator tank. Also remove the metal cap from the reservoir to make sure the coolant float is operating properly if the coolant level is full. PT are real sensitive to coolant levels.

Good luck

rmboies
04-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Clip,

Contact Dave Rousey at Styleworks in Oregon. He knows every nut and bolt in a Legendary and is extremely knowledgeable.

His phone number is 541-543-7983. He helped us with the Crestron system in our previous coach.

Bob

Richard Barnes
04-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Clip,

My problem was a fuse that showed the element intact but was cracked at the metal tip of the fuse. It would allow the engine to start then had an immediate shut off of the fuel to the engine. On my generator there are two 5 or 10 amp fuses next to the start switch (I'm not at the coach right now and can't remember). One of those controlled the fuel pump if I remember correctly. I'll check later this evening and let you know if my memory is incorrect.

Clipster
04-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks to everyone for the replies. After changing the chassis batteries, the battery minder was left unplugged. Plugged it back in. Also, we found a couple of inline fuses in the battery compartment and pulled them and plugged them back in. Something in the series of unplugging and plugging things fixed the problem. Genset seems to be back to normal. (:

Jimmie Johnson
04-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi Clip: I met you at Auburn a couple weeks ago and welcome to POG! I am glad you got the generator issue solved. I told you these POGers would give you some ideas, probably even some valid ones. I know you are going to enjoy the coach. We should get together soon and and talk bus. How was your stay at University Station? jimmie johnson 256 520 9313