PDA

View Full Version : ReInstall of Ramco Mirror

LarryB
04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Not to hi-jack the 'shakey mirror' thread, but I need suggestion on reinstalling the mirror to the bus.
One of my mirrors collects water and then , over a period of days, dribbles the water down the front of the bus.
When I removed the mirror I was not able to determine what was used to seal the mirror base to the bus. Must have been off before and then installed using various sealing method.
Is there a rubber gasket for the mirror or do you just use sealant?
Thanks for the help.

joelselman
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I've had mine off and I can't remember if there is a rubber gasket; either wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in or check the Ramco website. BUT...the reason I had mine on and off a couple times was a wind whistle so I'd suggest you use silicone in addition whether a gasket is used or not.

truk4u
04-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Here's a few pictures with the insulation in place. It's not noticeable, but the camera flash makes it kind of stick out. You don't want to use the grey foam insulation for indoors, I used the black A/C condenser line insulation that you see outside and it's more like rubber than foam. I got it at the Depot. These are Velvac Mirrors and just as crappy as Remco.

I put it on each side with the sticky
This is a cut strip from the insulation tube
This is the A/C line insulation, but fuzzy picture