PDA

View Full Version : Techma Toilet Won't Flush

Jerry Winchester
04-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Okay after years of having an air flushing anaconda processor, the new bus has some manner of macerator / toilet combo that has stopped flushing. I push the button, some water runs in, it makes some kind of noise then nothing.

Originally it would add water, flush, the macerator would log chop then it would add some more water and wait for the next deuce.

I know there is probably a manual in the plethora of file boxes behind the tv, but I thought I would ask in case someone said, oh yea just flip the water pump off, hold the button down and drink a Mountain Dew and you'll be good to go.

garyde
04-02-2011, 10:33 PM
My water pump needs to be on and pressurized. Maybe aux air as well.

rfoster
04-03-2011, 09:05 AM
You probably should have gotten the heavy duty model.

JIM CHALOUPKA
04-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Too bad this didn't happen two days earlier.

Be sure you have good water pressure. If you have two pumps maybe one is not working? If you have a bladder tank, check it for proper air pressure behind the bladder as well as water leaks. Try priming the water piping with the push of the button if Marathon has /uses a button (Liberty does), then flush immediately after that as a check. Maybe it's an air assisted toilet, how is the air supply. Maybe there's a little Pac Man in there and he's tired.

Maybe it's a tissue issue or some foreign object or tissue is impinged in the flushing mechanism, in that case get an toilet plunger that has an end that will seal in the bowl area and vigorously but gently plunge the bowl. While doing this with one hand occasionally press the flush button.

In our coach there is a rule. THE TOILET LID MUST BE DOWN BETWEEN USE.

When done with the plunger remove the threaded handle and wash it in a bleach/water solution and when dry store in a plastic bag.

CARRY THE PLUNGER WITH YOUR SPARE PARTS AND IMPORTANT TOOLS ON ALL TRIPS!

I don't know what you have or anything about it, but I'm sure you need some ideas.

:rolleyes:Just sayin.
JIM

Jerry Winchester
04-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Im going to start with the "PacMan" being tired and go from there.

AmeriStar
04-03-2011, 02:28 PM
If all else fails, consider eating more soup.

GDeen
04-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Im going to start with the "PacMan" being tired and go from there.

Take that thing in and have the fishing tool welder arm it with some carbide teeth.....

charlesebrownjr
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I haven't seen so much rudeness, lack of compassion, inappropriate comments and just general BS pointed at a man with crapper trouble. Guys, this is his thron!!!!!!!!!. But if all else fails, break off the flapper, and make several casing perforations down hole and that may help get rid of all the unneeded material. The bay underneath may not be any good, but just don't open it any more. Seal it off with duct tape.:p

Jon Wehrenberg
04-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Charles, Do not feel sorry for JDUB. If you review previous posts you will note food is a very important part of his life, and we all know what follows the ingestion of food. Most of us eat normal food, but JDUB has an affinity for spicy Mexican food, ribs and the like, all of which produce excessive by-products.

As soon as he realizes he has destroyed another waste material processor (Techma, Microphor, Headhunter, Sealand) he will buy yet another bus in search of one that can handle what he calls Anacondas.

He eats like he has nine rectums, but unfortunately he doesn't so the one he has and the adjoining toilet must process the results of his gastronomic enterprize.

Jerry Winchester
04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
That was way harsh.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Yeah, but was it true? I don't think there is anyone else on this forum that has posted pictures of food.

charlesebrownjr
04-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Ok, I would normally show more compassion for a fellow POGer but since every one else is being S....ity (Pun intended), I'll chime in to. I think I have two solutions to JDUB's sanitation engineering dilemma.
After reviewing previous post as to the volume of the matter at hand and determining that, (at the suggestion of unnamed sources) this equals the by product of a small community, I contacted my city Sanitation Engineer for advice and we came up with two solutions.

1. Buy a stacker trailer, put the Hummer in it and put 2 Port-A-Johns on the lift, raise it then install 2 more Port-A-Johns in the front ahead of the Hummer.

2. If number 1 is not acceptable due to no highway shoulder to pull over on or getting out in incliment weather then my next option would be to remove the existing bathroom, remove the passenger windscreen ( as they say in Britain) remove the passenger seat and bring a Port-A-John in through the hole and install where the bathroom use to be.
This would allow for use during inclement weather or when there is no shoulder to safely pull of the road on. During travel," Mrs. JDUB" could switch driving positions with JDUB on the "FLY" and he would not have to pull over or even slow down.

The Port-A-John could be vented out the roof using the existing exhaust fan or should it be replaced with one of those 42" attic fans you see in older homes!!!!!!!!!

And for cosmetic purposes, You could Super Glue a matching lamenant material to the sides of the enclosure to blend in with the current decor or wall paper it.

Oh and what is best about either of these solutions is there are no moving parts, no air needed, no electricity needed, no water needed and lastly no plumbing to stop up. (A direct port to the end result. I haven't solved the process of getting rid of a full Port-A-John in a motor home, but I am working on it. Good Luck. You have some really harsh (friends are they)

Don't worry about the safety issue of him going to the bathroom while driving, "HE WILL BE SEATED":)

ajducote
04-04-2011, 10:37 AM
This may be an easier solution, at least for getting the Port-A-John emptied.
Get a motorcycle lift installed on the rear bumper of the bus.
Place the Port-A-John on a platform on the motorcycle lift.
Put a door in the rear closet to gain access to the Port-A-John.

This solves several issues.
No changes to current bathroom so other family members can use a "normal" system.
All the Aroma is kept outdoors.
Minimum modification needed for installation.
Easy pump out, just lower the motorcycle lift platform, and Billy Bob Pump out truck has easy access.
When parked, lower the platform and Jdub has easy access without even having to enter the coach.
And just think of the "friends" he could make at campgrounds when people ask him to explain this one of a kind modification!

ajducote
04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
On a more serious note:.

Can you tell if the macerator is running when you flush? If not, there has got to be a fuse somewhere that may have blown, if the macerator was overworked/overheated.
I have 2 macerators on my bus, and if they are not used on a regular basis they tend to lock up and I have to manually turn the shaft at the end to get them going again.
And there are a lot of things that can clog up a macerator. You may want to go over the "toilet rules" with the rest of the family.

[QUOTE=Jerry Winchester;73577]Okay after years of having an air flushing anaconda processor, the new bus has some manner of macerator / toilet combo that has stopped flushing. I push the button, some water runs in, it makes some kind of noise then nothing.

Originally it would add water, flush, the macerator would log chop then it would add some more water and wait for the next deuce.

GDeen
04-04-2011, 10:48 AM

Just install beneath the flapper....

charlesebrownjr
04-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Gordon, I like your solution but you must take into account that if (and I don't know) a well endowed man was to get caught in the flapper, that would not be as severe and accident as getting caught in your solution!! This theory could be a
"long shot but could happen".

Andre, You do have the easier solution but you failed to take into account how little of JDUB's money you would be spending and everyone knows how POGGERS love to spend someones money.:)

Jerry Winchester
04-04-2011, 09:05 PM
The new techno taco grinder lives again. The next high point in my life will be the day one of you rivet herders calls for the Indian trick that makes this bad boy come back on line while your wife is trying to poke an Anaconca down it with a coat hanger.

Just call 1-800-BITE-MEE. And if you ask real nice I'll give you a new taco soup recipe.

garyde
04-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Hi Jdub. What was the final solution? sorry about the pun.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-05-2011, 06:41 AM
The new techno taco grinder lives again. The next high point in my life will be the day one of you rivet herders calls for the Indian trick that makes this bad boy come back on line while your wife is trying to poke an Anaconca down it with a coat hanger.

Just call 1-800-BITE-MEE. And if you ask real nice I'll give you a new taco soup recipe.

That's a picture that's going to last in my mind for a while........

BUSTER
04-06-2011, 12:14 AM
I am sorry to say that this is very hard to read without laughing considering the parties involved !!!!

JIM KELLER
04-06-2011, 07:04 AM
I can't believe Truk hasn't moved this Thread over to Misccellaneous Poop.

truk4u
04-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Jim,

I figured Jdub, Poop and Houston was a good mix!

jtban
04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
My counry coach came with a 5 gal bucket for stand-by Jon T