PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 4 G Air Card & Mi-Fi

edsaylor
04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I bought a new Verizon 4G Air Card in late December, only to find out it would not work on Apple computers at the time. I was told that they would have it working by mid January. Well, they finally got it working on Apple 64 meg or bit (I am not real good with computer stuff), a couple of weeks ago, so they activated my Pantec 4G aircard last week. IT IS ABSOLUTE JUNK!!! It would barely work part of the time and was no where near as good as my old 3G Aircard. I took it back to the Verizon store where I got it and the lady told me that they have had lots of trouble with it and have had to change out a number of them (they have only been out for 4 or so months). I exchanged it for a 4G Mi-Fi, which so far works great. The jerks charged me a $35. plus tax re-stock fee and would not wave it even though they said my air card was not working properly. I will discuss this further with Verizon management. I suggest no one buy the Verizon 4G aircard. The 4G Mi-Fi looks loke it is going to be very good.

Ledo
04-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I am also using the MI-FI card of Verizon's on my Apple computer and IPads and have been very happy with the equipment. However, Verizon's customer care is at the bottom of my list. I had issues with them over a test run of a cell phone a couple of years back and had the worst time trying to get my money back. It was a month long test offer made by them! They stink up the house but I will have to give it to them, the MIFI card does work pretty good. Stay on their butt's and make sure to talk to the higher ups.

mlien
04-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I use the Verizon 3G MiFi because it is cheaper and Verizon doesn't have 4G in places other than the big cities. If your 4G MiFi can't connect to the 4G network it will connect to the 3G network. Most campgrounds are probably not near the current 4G network so you will only be using the 3G network. The difference in cost is only about $15 a month. 3G works okay, but is sometimes a bit slow.