PDA

View Full Version : Microflush Toilet Won't Stop Flushing

HarborBus
03-30-2011, 06:35 PM
I have an electric Microflush toilet that suddenly continues to flush over and over again. Has anyone had this problem or heard of the problem and the fix?

Jon Wehrenberg
03-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Elliott,

Rattle Truk's cage. I think the sheepster has had his hands all over his Microphor and can solve your problem.

truk4u
03-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Elliott,

You most likely have a problem with the cam, cam switch or timer. You'll probably have to pull the toilet out of the bus to work on, I've done 2 of them that way. Never seems to be enough room while mounted in the bus, but if you can get easy access to the controls, you might get lucky. There are 4 nuts on the bottom, 12v wire leads and the water line and out it comes. Just like at home they use a wax ring at the base you can get at Home Depot.

Suggest you go to Microphor's website and look at the trouble shooting: http://www.microphor.com/pdf/LF-220_Manual.pdf

Seabyrd
03-30-2011, 10:06 PM
The timer switch can ge accessed behind the pushbutton by popping it out easy access and mostly the problem I think the timer is very expensive Lots of luck

Seabyrd
03-30-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure that yours is like ours but our water level adjustment was what we had a problem with..it just kept flushing we re-adjusted it a few times but eventually had to replace that part...it was a very easy fix on ours... our switch was located just inside the removable lid ( back of toilet).. Hopefully yours will be the same.. Good luck..

I have an electric Microflush toilet that suddenly continues to flush over and over again. Has anyone had this problem or heard of the problem and the fix?

rahangman
03-30-2011, 11:12 PM
When we had a problem with our Microphor while in Colorado Springs a couple years ago, Rons Mobile RV service (makes house calls within reason) came out and while doing an overhaul on it, offered me a complete assy at his shop for $50. I should have taken him up on it, but had no where to haul it. A google search might be worth the time and ask for help there, although I am sure there are many venues available to do as good a job most anywhere. No problems since.

truk4u
03-31-2011, 06:59 AM
Elliot,

Here's what the assembly looks like while on the work bench:

Jon Wehrenberg
03-31-2011, 07:54 AM
I told you Truk knew his $hit.

rfoster
03-31-2011, 08:26 AM
That depends on what "mode' he is in.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Our first coach had a Sealand toilet with a ball valve on the bottom. Step on the pedal and the valve opened and the poop dropped into the holding tank. Kind of like a modern outhouse in its simplicity.

But like everything else we appear to be getting high tech in dealing with poop. Instead of relying on gravity which is free, always works, and is everywhere we go (no pun intended, Loc) we now need electric, water flow and in some cases compressed air. What's wrong with this picture?

HarborBus
03-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Update.........I do have the manual so I did the diagnostic test for the faulty timer by removing one of the wires, and it continued to cycle. So it appeared to be the timer, at $175 the second most expensive part, my luck. I also played with the adjustment to no avail, then walked away to call the company and order the timer. Luck would have it I had to leave a message so a couple hours later decided to flush the toilet again and it works fine, go figure. Thanks all for your speedy responses.

garyde
03-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi Elliot. When all else fails, kick it.

Seabyrd
04-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Glad you got it fixed :-)) !!
Where was your timer located? crious if you had to pull the toilet out of your coach or if it was in the back of the tank and easy to get to?

Update.........I do have the manual so I did the diagnostic test for the faulty timer by removing one of the wires, and it continued to cycle. So it appeared to be the timer, at $175 the second most expensive part, my luck. I also played with the adjustment to no avail, then walked away to call the company and order the timer. Luck would have it I had to leave a message so a couple hours later decided to flush the toilet again and it works fine, go figure. Thanks all for your speedy responses.

HarborBus
04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Just lift the tank lid and there it is right on top. Would be easy to replace as it is held on by just one bolt through the middle.

Seabyrd
04-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Great... that's what we had hoped for you... ours was in the same place.. just a little pricey for what it was but well worth it !!