PDA

View Full Version : April 2011 Prevost Parts Specials

Jerry Winchester
03-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Starting April 1st, Prevost will be running the windshield wiper special ( I think it's about $15.99) and they also have special pricing on the entire arm assy.

Also, I think the windshield promo ends tomorrow. I bought a new dr side glass for the new bus since it has four rock chips in it and just last week i installed the new wipers I bought during the last sale.

rahangman
03-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Jerry, right on about the windshield special. Recently replaced both my panes and when ordering came upon the fact that for and additional $12 I got a 3rd pane. Wow! I am beginning to hoard a few extra parts...finally.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Hey Jerry, have you ever had the windshield pits repaired, like they do for pits in our car windshields ? I thought it worked great and saved me from having to buy and replace a windshield several times.

At the Mr. Car Wash places here in Houston they have a guy on duty that checks every car that comes in to get washed for for pits. I asked him if he would come out to the bus barn, some early morning and he said sure. He repaired 6 pits and I haven't had a problem with any of them since. Course I have gotten a few more now, so he will probably have to come out again sometime.

Their are Glass Repair Vans that come out to your location as well for these repairs.

Just a thought instead of replacing.

Gary S.

Jon Wehrenberg
03-31-2011, 06:40 PM
I think the decision to repair, or replace the glass is a decision based on the model bus. My XL glass, bought at the special pricing costs $118 and requires about 1/2 hour to install. Having the glass repair guy fix a chip is $50 so I will be less likely to get a repair for a chip. If I had an XLII or the H3 with larger windows I would be repairing the chips for as long as the windshield holds together. The dollars involved make the decision an easy one.

Jerry Winchester
03-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Anyone ever just buy one of those rock chip kits?

hobobimmer
03-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Anyone ever just buy one of those rock chip kits?

We did on the 1992 Angola, and it worked great. $10 or so at Advance Auto Parts in East TN. Held up nicely for 1.5 years or so that we owned bus after repair done. Probably still good today. We would do it again in a heart beat.

Eric/Deb Faires
Huntsville,TN

Pete
03-31-2011, 10:14 PM
I used one of the kits from an auto parts place last year while on a trip and did not know where to have it repaired by a repairman. It is still in place, has not spread, and would do it again. In fact, I should have a repair kit in my toolbox in case of a rock chip.