PDA

View Full Version : Electric curtain

Romano Faffard
03-29-2011, 05:26 AM
Hello again, i not sure if you call it like that, but my electric side curtain (the front part) wont work any more, i must have showned it to much and i probably burn a fuse.
The question: where is it??? 1999 lady classic, I know it is under i have seen the panel
but, they must be two hundred fuses there. Anybody has experience the same problem?

Jacques in the dark

Jon Wehrenberg
03-29-2011, 08:43 AM
I believe you are referring to the front privacy shades. They are on the forward outlet circuits. If one does not work but the others do work it is likely the shade motor either is not getting power, or has failed. If you are going to check out the power be aware you are dealing with 120V.

garyde
03-29-2011, 10:06 PM
If you are refering to the living rm and galley window shades, there is a control unit under the couch which runs those curtains. There is a fuse in that controller for your coach.
If the fuse is blown, tha is a good thing, if not you may need to replace the controller .

Bill Price
03-30-2011, 06:46 AM
If it is not a fuse you will find various plugs such as phone line jacks on the controller under the drivers side couch. It is a little hard to get to as it is mounted toward the rear under the couch. I had the same problem and moved one of the wires to another jack. Sad part is I cant remember which one. It may not matter as the controller appears to be daisy chained. Give it a try as I dont think you have anything to lose nor should it cause additional problems. This was on my 2001 Liberty. It fixed my shade problem.

Remember this is in reference to the living room and galley shades only. My front Prevost shades would reset themsevles if you crowded their operation.

Kenneth Brewer
03-30-2011, 11:52 AM
If none of the forward shades work, it might be the GFCI. Maybe. In our coach the GFCI outlet that is used for the blinds' motor power circuit for this is on the underside of the cabinets above the range and sink (the first time I didn't know there was an outlet there - can't see it unless you bend over enough and look up - until I called Troy). Reset it, and bingo.

Romano Faffard
03-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Thank to all of you. I will check on these info and come back with my finding.