PDA

View Full Version : Could A Be Problem

grantracy
03-26-2011, 08:28 AM
At sun and fun and my icemaker has quit working,flipped breaker on inverter/ac panel but that didnt help...any thoughts? Expecting some other pog members and dont want to be embarassed

rfoster
03-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Granville: Redneck solution: Buy a Bag of Ice for POG member. He will never notice.

grantracy
03-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Yeah your right...don't want them drinking their wine hot...I think the compressor is shot...probably better to buy new ice maker than try and repair

truk4u
03-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Granvil,

I just changed out the ice maker in the Krackmobile, it's a standard residential and I found a new one on e-bay, not very expensive. I pulled the plastic cover off to check in out and the gear and motor assembly were rusted and frozen in place. Not a big job, but the mounting screws were tough to get at because of little room to work. The easiest way is to shut down the fridge and remove when the freezer warms up, otherwise you run the risk of your tongue getting frozen stuck on the metal rack!:p

Prevost.Rick
03-28-2011, 11:44 AM
ck for power at recept. try another 110 plug ,turn thermostat ,[by on \off switch in front or on back of older units]should here clicking ,even if comp does,nt run fan should run ,or call me rick 813-833-2284

Reagan Sirmons
03-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Relays kick the compressors on and they can go bad fairly often. Is there lint blocking the condensing coil? Is the water running? The compressor could obviously have a freon leak if other things look ok. These are about $1M for a standing replacement installed.
Pres

grantracy
03-28-2011, 07:53 PM
actually decided this is the impetus to replace with an ice machine versus ice maker

truk4u
03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey Granvil, did you know your ice maker had a compressor?

I'm confused.:rolleyes:

Reagan Sirmons
03-29-2011, 12:41 AM
My mistake. I understood this to be an ice machine as in a free standing under-the-counter type of application.
Those do have a compressor, condensing coil, etc. That is also why I asked about the lint that can block air flow.
Pres