PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my new coach

Nolan
03-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Well, new to me. It is a 2003 Country Coach XLII. The drive home was really great, and made me feel good about my purchase. The folks who sold me the coach ( Natinal Indoor Storage) have been great. But I do have a small issue ( I hope small). When I parked the coach, I noticed that there was a motor running. I assumed it is the auxiliary motor supplying air. So I guess I must have a small air leak. The only way I could turn it off was to use the battary disconnect near the passenger seat. Until I can get it fixed, my question is " Is there another way to stop the motor running while parked other then the Battery Disconnect?". Nolan

Jerry Winchester
03-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Nolan,

Contests to you and your crew. We are practically neighbors as we keep the bus in our hanger to the Hooks airport. Where do you intend to store yours? You need to drop by some Saturday when we have a Tom Sawyer like bus washing going on.

Jerry

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-23-2011, 10:52 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Nolan and Nita. You will just love it. Can't wait to see it @ Jefferson Lake in a couple of months.

Gary

Kenneth Brewer
03-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Well, new to me. It is a 2003 Country Coach XLII. The drive home was really great, and made me feel good about my purchase. The folks who sold me the coach ( Natinal Indoor Storage) have been great. But I do have a small issue ( I hope small). When I parked the coach, I noticed that there was a motor running. I assumed it is the auxiliary motor supplying air. So I guess I must have a small air leak. The only way I could turn it off was to use the battary disconnect near the passenger seat. Until I can get it fixed, my question is " Is there another way to stop the motor running while parked other then the Battery Disconnect?". Nolan

Others will comment as well, and will correct me if my answer will not apply to your coach: the inverter fan(s) will run as long as the inverters are powered and the battery charger(s) engaged. But what I think is more likely (was for me) is that the coolant circulation pump will run for a period of time before shutting off.

Loc
03-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Nolan,

Congratulations on finally getting her home. I know that you and Nita must be smiling from ear to ear. I can't wait to see it.
In the small signature picture she sure is "purty".

If you think it is the auxillary air compressor, send a private email to Neal and Carla (Neal&Carla), Patrick and Sherry (pwf252) or Fast Roger (rfoster) all have Country Coach XLII's and ask them where the breaker for the auxillary air compressor is located so that you can just turn it off that way. As Ken pointed out it could be the fans on the inverters. You can probably check the inverter fans easily by opening the bay door where the inverters are located to see if that is the source of the noise.

Congratulations again,

Loc

PS - If for any reason you don't end up liking the CC just give SpongeBob (Gary) a call because his next coach is going to be a Country Coach.

Pete
03-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Way to go Nolan & Nita!!! Great looking coach, I know you must be proud of it!

Reagan Sirmons
03-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Congratulations on the purchase. It looks fabulous and I am certain it is in a good home. It is possible the electronics board is simply finctioning and this is a 24 hour, seven day function that does not cease. It humms. Way to go Nita!. Keep that guy in line!
Pres

rfoster
03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Nolan: Congratulations on the new to you Country Coach. We have 03 CC and just love it. Jerry Winchester wants one but went and bought some other brand so be careful around him. He might want to trade.

If you have questions are issues that you need help with there are many, many Country Coach owners on this forum that are more than willing to offer a hand. A couple of the are even Experts.

Regarding the motor you here - if its the aux air compressor located in the compartment behind the front bumper, there is a series of buttons in the first bay, front wall, passenger side that will cut off the compressor or there are a series of buttons beneath the radio on the dash with Air Compressor label that you should be able to cut it off.

My cell number is 423 340 0498 if I can help

Jerry Winchester
03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Nolen,

He also has a CC tech that follows him in a service truck while he is on the road to make sure he can get the awnings out and the tanks dumped. So when he lists his cell number, he's just jacking with you because he doesn't take calls on it.

Neal&Carla
03-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Nolen and Nita,
We are glad for you. I am sure you will love it. Todd and Eddie at NIRV know my bus better than I do. I assume Bill Kipp would also know your bus.
I frequently call them about why something isn't working right. My auxiliary air compressor is quite noisy up by the drivers seat. My inverter fans are usually on when I am plugged in back by the drive axel passenger side. If you leave the the battery disconnect switch off, you will not have electricity to any house appliances. See you in East Texas in May.

Nolan
03-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Jerry
I am close to Hooks. Do Newbies at Tom Sawyer bus washins have to wash ALL The buses? If so, I will bring wife to help. Like to meet you. Nolan

Nolan
03-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Really appreciate all the help and comments. You POG folks are great! Looking forward to seeing everyone going to Jefferson.

Also, I want to get to know anyone that has a CC service truck following him on the road. I will be glad to share in expenses.

Jerry Winchester
03-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Nolan,

You caught on way quicker than Loc, so since he doesn't wash his bus anyway, you don't have to help with it. I'm in hanger X-20 and have all the washing / polishing gear you can stand, so we'll get together one weekend soon and get it done.

Jerry

Loc
03-24-2011, 07:56 AM
JDUB,

Are you just cranky because you are still laying on the couch from too much bingo and shuffleboard at the trailer park in Alabama last week or is it that hangnail that has your knickers all twisted?

Jerry Winchester
03-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Just making sure you were paying attention. I think I can get Skiff to give you the government employee listing discount.

Nolan
03-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Sounds good.