PDA

View Full Version : New bus

Kuhlsport
03-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm picking up our new bus at Liberty Coach in Port St. Lucie next week! We're purchasing 2008 Liberty H3-45 #677. I'm planning to stay on site for a few days to get comfortable and acquainted with everything before heading back to Cincinnati over the weekend.

Any advice or traditions I should adhere to on our maiden voyage? I must confess, I am quite nervous about the drive home. As much research and preparation as I feel like I've done, it's still kind of overwhelming. But I sure am excited!!

LNDYCHT
03-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Congratulations on the new coach. The guys at Liberty are sure to take great care of you.

Don't be nervous once on the road I'm sure will find your new coach comfortable and will settle right in. My first experience driving an RV was a 1700 mile trip in a Prevost Liberty that I had never driven before. I had two days to get home and get acquainted with the coach at the same time.

Enjoy!!

bonhall41
03-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Congratulations on your new coach! Take a lot of notes or use some kind of recorder during your orientation. You will still have lots of questions and this forum is a good place to get answers. You'll do just fine. Most of all, enjoy your new toy. Hope to meet you down the road.

Bonnie

Gary & Peggy Stevens
03-21-2011, 11:48 PM
How exciting Kassey ! I tried to see your pictures on Liberty's web site, but they must have already taken them off the web? Will have to see you on the road somewhere.

You will love it and fit right in on the road, No Problem.

Gary S.

jack14r
03-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Congrats Casey,I use a book called "The Next Exit" which helps me know where fuel/rest stops are.Our coaches are similar except for the Moritz that I think that you have,if I can help send me a message and I will respond,also make sure that you get to know Troy real well before you leave Liberty.

truk4u
03-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Congratulations Casey. You will have lots of support with the group and by the time your back in Cincinnati, the jitters will be gone!

Jerry Winchester
03-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Casey,

Get a Flip recorder or use your phone to video the more critical instructions. That way you can use it as a reference when you get out on the road and have to remember the exact order of the switches or what does what. I took copious notes when I picked up the 2001 from jack14r but tried to video the handover for the 2007. That was until Loc and I figured out we knew more about the coach than the owner and I told him to just stop.

JDUB

AmeriStar
03-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Make those guys buy you expensive dinners, give you lavish jackets and caps and give you their personal cell phone numbers for any questions you might have in the future. By the way, enjoy your new coach.

garyde
03-22-2011, 10:11 PM
I still have Troy's cell number in my cell phone. He is the best. When I purchased, I drove 5 days back to my home from Florida and it was great. The only problem I had was choosing the right RV parks so I kept my Big Rig book with me along the way.
Also, keep an eye out for height signs and weight signs along the way and use the same off ramps and stations as truckers.

edsaylor
03-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Kasey: You are going to love your new Liberty. I have a 2008 XLII No. 673. I also have the new Moritz electronics. They are great. I do suggest that you put Troy's number in your phone, as he can walk you through almost any problem that can come up. He is outstanding and you want to get to know him. All of the service people at Liberty really do a great job. You should get Scott's number in your phone too. Enjoy your new coach.

michaeldterry
03-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Congratulations Kasey & Lis! Welcome to the Prevost family!

Kuhlsport
03-24-2011, 02:11 PM
I also have the new Moritz electronics.

Thanks Ed! The Moritz system was a big selling point for me when comparing to older Liberty coaches. I stretched from my original budget to get this coach, but I think having the latest and greatest will be worth it over the next few years. I'll be at Liberty Wednesday and Thursday next week. Plan is to head North sometime on Friday morning.

Kuhlsport
04-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm happy to report that my maiden voyage is complete without incident. I drove the bus home from Stuart, FL over a leisurely 3 day weekend and it is safely parked in Cincinnati. No pedestrians, road signs or other vehicles were damaged in the process! Only 2 calls to Troy for help and both were for issues that could have been sorted out on my own had he not been so readily available. The driving and maneuvering were easy. I just took it nice and slow. Amazing how quickly you can get the feel for such a big vehicle. I can see many fun adventures ahead and definitely will be a luxury to have at the race track from now on.

Freddie Smith
06-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Great on your purchase. Frank and his people will see you are cared for and just take your time getting home. You will have a great trip home. Take care.

Freddie & Vera Smith
Waycross, Ga.
Vintage Liberty XL Prevost

Freddie Smith
06-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh my, I need to start noticing when these dates are for the posted items. Sorry I am so late.

Freddie & Vera Smith
Waycross, Ga.
Vintage Liberty XL Prevost