PDA

View Full Version : POG X TECHNICAL SESSIONS

Jon Wehrenberg
03-19-2011, 06:55 AM
As you are all aware things are well underway for making our tenth official national rally a success. The group of five POG I attendees has been working to pull all the details together and in the not too distant future more of the group's activities will be taking shape in the form of final plans and announcements.

A big part of all the national rallies has been the seminars. Over the years we have learned about the Prevost chassis and its components and systems, we have learned about tires. and a multitude of other topics specific to our coaches.

This year we will have 5 technical sessions and one round table discussion.

This is your rally. It is not only a chance to meet up with old and new friends, but is a great opportunity to build on your knowledge and understanding of your coach.

I would like you to post your suggestions for technical topics that are of interest to you and that will help you better understand your coach. Please add your comments and suggestions here. From the suggestions we will do a survey to determine those technical topics of the greatest interest for our rrally in Austin in October.

I will be gone until next week so fill up this thread with your recommendations until then.

Just to help those who have not attended any rallies we have covered inverters, brakes, the suspension system, tires, and even windshield replacement. If you have an interest in any of these or other topics, add your comments here.

Jerry Winchester
03-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Mirror servo replacement
Recommended spare parts you need on hand
My toilet won't flush - what now?
My awning won't go in - what now?
Electric load management
Super secret switches - where are they and what do they do?

ajducote
03-19-2011, 01:00 PM
A discussion on slides.

Prevost vs. HWH
Seal replacement
changes made in design over the years
common problems and fixes

BrianE
03-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Who to call on the road (other than Jon) including a representative from Prevost Action Service (PASS).
Aqua Hot, ?/Webasto, Mango
Batteries, Truk

phorner
03-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Most of us have awnings by Zip Dee in one form or another.

It would be great if we could extend an invitation to Zip Dee to see if they would be interested in sending a representative. Jimmy Hopkins is the go-to guy there for help with Zip Dee awnings.

Kenneth Brewer
03-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Demonstration on how to scout a trip, including selecting stopping points along the way, and pre-run it with fly-over-the-entire-route view from your driveway/starting point, using Google-Earth app., with rest, restaurant, fuel stops, churches, etc., on the way.??

GDeen
03-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Air systems...testing, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting. Use a bus with hands on instruction.

Jennifer says driving tips for wives (see JDUB post on Oyster thread). Actual lessons, instruction?

Bill Price
03-19-2011, 07:32 PM
How about the safe procedure to air up your tires?

Jerry Winchester
03-19-2011, 07:35 PM
No joke on that driving comment. I would have been in a bind had Rae not been able to not only drive every mile from Bella Terra to Houston, but to stop at a truck stop, fill the coach up and get back onto I-10 without getting nicked up. We got to the hanger about 4:30 after a 7:30 start and probably would have made better time had I not told her to set the cruise at 68 so she wouldn't have to pass anyone but the Schnieder trucks.

jack14r
03-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey Jerry,What kind of mileage does the new bus get at 68?

Seabyrd
03-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Great driving Rae... We gals really can do it... So sorry to hear you bit the dust Jerry.. a very speedy recovery to you.. We did miss ya'll !!

Diane

No joke on that driving comment. I would have been in a bind had Rae not been able to not only drive every mile from Bella Terra to Houston, but to stop at a truck stop, fill the coach up and get back onto I-10 without getting nicked up. We got to the hanger about 4:30 after a 7:30 start and probably would have made better time had I not told her to set the cruise at 68 so she wouldn't have to pass anyone but the Schnieder trucks.

Jerry Winchester
03-19-2011, 10:02 PM
When we filled up in Lafayette, my 72 mph going over and her 68 half way back netted about 6.2 but i did run the generator all night Friday. I also spent 1.5 hrs idling stopped for a wreck on the way over.

garyde
03-19-2011, 10:57 PM
How about something related to Exercise , stretching, Yoga, etc. while on the road or seated for 6 to 10 hours a day. I think both the men and women will benefit from
a session on this. Those of us over 50 definatelly need to keep up on this.

GDeen
03-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Definitely no joke that my wife needs and wants to learn to drive the bus. After 29 years of marriage, we both also know that I am not the one to teach her.

My previously reconstructed right knee flared up on me a couple of weeks ago. Had MRI and am in brace and rehab. We had planned a trip to Pismo Beach CA in the bus this week and had to cancel. Made us both think of the consequences had it happened while we were out there.

LarryB
03-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Level low and HWH leveling systems.

Woodscrapper
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
I second Gordon's suggestion. My wife needs to learn to drive in case of an emergency. Also, it would be helpful for old codgers like me to receive bus driving tips on such subjects as defensive driving, performing emergency maneuvers including heavy braking, metropolitan driving, and honing of general driving skills such as optimising use of peripheral vision.

aggies09
03-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Beneficial seminars/sessions: Some of these are repeats, but info that I certainly could benefit from:
A. Air systems, dryers,testing, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting. Use a bus with hands on instruction. For those of us who don't have a porter.
B. Electric load management for dummies. For those of us who don't have a porter.
C. OTR Air maintenance. What, when, and where for those of us who don't have a porter.
D. A Hands on demonstration of proper use, care, and feeding of your Millennium Porter. For those of us who don't have a porter.

truk4u
03-26-2011, 08:13 AM
I contacted "Aweigh We Go" to inquire if they could come to Austin and weigh buses, but they are thinly staffed due to current economic times and can't help us out. Told me they might be able to fit us in next year in Vegas.

aggies09
03-26-2011, 09:00 AM
I really liked the idea about Zip Dee coming in as well...............

Seabyrd
03-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Zip Dee would be great... especially if they could send a maintenance crew.. I bet we could keep them busy !!

Jon Wehrenberg
03-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Great suggestions.......keep them coming.

New folks...don't be afraid to add ideas. Every one of us was new to Prevost and our converters at one time. This is your rally also.

Loc
03-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Tony,

BITE ME.

Sell the Range Rover. You can afford several porters for the monthly repair bill.

Ledo
03-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Dealing with tires and tire repairs. Tire pressure maintenance. Reading manufacture date stamp correctly. How old is to old? Nationwide service companies? Are there any? Replacement in case of a failure. Carrying a spare? Dealing with shoulderless roads in the event of a problem. What to do incase of a blowout from either the front tires or a rear including how much vacuum you will create on the drivers seat when this occurs. Proper use of caution triangles. Tire pressure monitors pros and cons. Power management is a great topic also especially if you have only 30 amps to hook up on. Setting inverters up for 30 amps incoming. How to better understand what the numbers mean the power panels are telling you. Bullets on engine and generator maintenance. The correct procedure to impact a golf ball and impart spin so to create the slight draw or fade needed. How to hit a fast crossing claybird at 40 yards with a shotgun.... wait... we are talking buses right. Hey, so I got a little carried away.

Jon Wehrenberg
04-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Keeping it alive. More ideas folks.

HarborBus
04-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Ramco mirror vibration repair. I know it has been covered on the forum and I seem to remember someone was going to have a demo in Kerrville on how to repair them, but it never materialized, or am I dreaming.

Danss
04-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Have not seen a demo but, mirrors are mounted with Velcro as I had one fall out.

Mark3101
04-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Have not seen a demo but, mirrors are mounted with Velcro as I had one fall out.

Would be good to discuss this. I have had mine fixed and replaced at Prevost TN and still have a bad shake on the drivers side one. The passenger side is fine after they did that one, but the drivers side is the same or worse than original. Velcro and adhesive are used, but for some reason, haven't fixed mine yet. Weird thing is that the top convex mirror is rock solid, only the bottom large mirror shakes...go figure.

garyde
04-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Foam behind the mirror will help.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
04-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Maybe Loc or Jon could demonstrate how to get out of the bus by using "their" emergency exit windows.
Sandy

Reagan Sirmons
04-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Perhaps the most underused item on the dash board for me is the DDEC (?) instrumentation and I am led to believe it is very valuable to be able to use for diagnostic purposes especially in emergencies on the road.
Second, Miles Circo did an electronic's seminar at POG IX. Even though he concentrated on CC's, he is a tremendous resource for a seminar.
Pres